The titanium collets and retainers arrived early in the week and the final assembly of the head has commenced. Unfortunately, one half of a retainer has been misplaced, so another lot has been ordered to complete the last valve. A lesson has been learnt..... :tear2:

I am expecting the engine assembly to be completed by mid week, I will then install all the ancillary items and try to work out to best run the engine harness around the new manifold. More updates soon......

Sweeeeeeeeet!!

How often will that clear coat need to be put on, or is this a permenant thing that will last a long time?

The system has been trialed on a Ute's aluminium drop tray and bull bar. It has endured over three years of living in a hostile environment and is still going strong. I am confident that it will handle the engine heat.

On 3/20/2015 at 8:29 PM, Bizkets is fat? said:

What the expected kw out of the beast

That is a hard question to answer, as the exhaust housing has been chosen to make it have good street driveability. I would really love to crack 1000 rwhp, but to achieve it might require trying other housings.

had a bit of spare time today, so I fabricated the bracket for the new power steering reservoir. Not the best picture quality, and the clamp coupling gets hidden from sight...

1uvVu5M.jpg

yQ82E2t.jpg

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix

The head, lifters, rockers and cams were fitted today. Unfortunately I got a bit wrapped up in it all and I only took a pic of the springs and retainers. Sorry, more pics tomorrow.....

3bErtqd.jpg

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix

The engine is coming together nicely.... Atomic stage 3 cams....
BOnNA6k.jpg

Other bits being installed and dummy fitted.
fdcVgP2.jpg

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix

you must have got the last brand new Ba turbo sump ,as I tried buying one of ford . there are none in Australia ,bugger . your engine looks awesome . do you work in a machine shop ? (engines in picture )

Lol.... I can honestly tell you that I didn't get the last one, as it is a N/A sump. The N/A sumps have the mounting block for the turbo oil return, you just have to drill the port and retaining bolt hole and tap a thread. In my case, I drilled and tapped the sump to facilitate a -10 fitting.

I wish that I was a mechanic/fitter, as it would have saved me a lot of coin. The pic is taken in my guys engine build room. There are some really nice engines in the build room, in various stages of completion.

Really like the idea of clearing the parts Im stealing that one.

Did you get a nice drain from the back of the head to the sump p/u area fitted?

Really like the idea of clearing the parts Im stealing that one.

Did you get a nice drain from the back of the head to the sump p/u area fitted?

Sorry, I don't understand your question... Could you please elaborate further?

how much was the sump, HI psi

From memory, I think that it was round $280.

It has been a while since I have updated the thread. Here a a few pics that I took today.

As we progress with the build, we are constantly finding new issues with the fitment of parts. The proverbial two steps forward, is one step back is really hitting home and the further we seem to get, the more modifications we find. There hasn't been much of interest in the build, so I will spare you the details.

However, we are moving forward..... :D

qSDdXBt.jpg

eSbqanM.jpg

kE5eJCY.jpg

lk8R2zG.jpg

NG9IAUQ.jpg

dgdpM8C.jpg

OrZfWES.jpg

Gn1AgV6.jpg

Edited by k31th
pb pics fix

Hi guy.....I'll give you some interest :P

Cars coming along very nicely ;) pretty cool you are one of the first with that new plaz plenum

Am I right in assuming you are leaving the rocker cover til last or later on? You gunna get it polished? And then a nizpoo garnish?

What tyres and size are you thinking of running? I think I remember some mod about moving rear control blade or something....then running 305s :wwww:

That plaz plenum looks like a copy of the....other one who I now can't remember ffs!!!

Rajab first to make it? I just did a google search and it seems everyone has adopted it for themselves! Snort, BTA, DLM.....