Huge Project! Im Swapping Over Everything From An Xr6T Into A Ba M

ERICtheBERIC

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 29d

Are you serious??? I don't believe ya. that is what the turbo button to the right of the steering Colom is for..... :P

I reckon it is for switching his number plate around.....

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 22d

except like mine his car like mine didnt come with one from the factory. Theres no hole there, no blank switches. Im "drilling" a square hole in my dash where the stock one would be. gunna extended his loom and made it into a switch on the column as he said above :wavey:

Edited by luke187
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 3m

the switch on the column is so I can turn the thermo fan on and off for my transmission cooler .the cooler turns on and of with the ignition as well ,but I can overide it if I want it turned off on the hi way .

how is the hart transplant going ,are we having fun ? lol I know the feeling

Edited by gunna

• Member For: 9y 10m 20d

This will be a huge waste of time and money, just buy a turbo model from day one. Are you going to take it over the pits when done to get it registered as a turbo?

I do not know why anyone would bother.

• Like 1

I did mate ,and yes it was a huge amount of money . the up side is that there is only one more one tonne ute like mine in qld ( ba xt ) .also its no problem to get them registered at all

only cost of a mod plate of $250 . I just like that its not a xr 6 turbo ,so that it surprises people that are unaware of it . every one can buy a car and take it to a speed shop and say here

is $5000 make it go faster . but I actually build my ute ,I did not buy it like that . and that's what I am proud of ,it was build in a garage at my place . would I do it again ,yes I would but a

lot tougher next time . I believe it is a great sleeper ,that no one expects to go like a turbo 6

Edited by gunna

is $5000 make it go faster . but I actually build my ute ,I did not buy it like that . and that's what I am proud of ,it was build in a garage at my place . would I do it again ,yes I would but a

lot tougher next time . I believe it is a great sleeper ,that no one expects to go like a turbo 6

That is what everyone who spent $25k and ended up with something not as good as the xr6t with $5k spent on it says. I could do a huge sh*t on top of a corolla and call it original but it doesn't mean it is worth doing.

I have a suggestion, buy an xr6t and put stock front bar, rear bar and skirts on it I believe that would be a great sleeper, that no one expects to go like a turbo 6.

Or just buy an xr6t, spend 5k on it and not have to worry about mod plates and end up with a wicked car! If you want to build it yourself build up a track car or a kit car, eg something worth spending the time building.

Falcon -> xr6t conversion:

Pros:

No one else has done it (because they realised it was a waste of money)

Cons:

Cost a f*ckload

Not as good as an xr6t

Needs a mod plate

Be super difficult to sell

You'll probably get things wrong/not do them as good as the dudes who did it 10x a day at the factory and have issues down the track.

Edited by rollex

it sounds like the only thing you do to your car is fill the fuel tank up with petrol . sounds like that daddy gave you a rolex watch for your 21 st birthday present and a

car as well . Actually work for my money and cars . but you must have been born with a spoon hanging out your ass , is your car silver . should have known its gold

with diamonds ,just like your rolex watch.

Edited by gunna

My name is roland hence rollex. I've built many cars and changed gearboxes, engines, turbos more times than I can count. I'm nearly 30 now so obviously paying people to do things makes more sense than doing it myself anymore, I've been there done that.

I know the post was a bit brutal and sorry if I offended you but that is the way I see it, makes no sense so I don't want this guy to do it unless he is well aware of the cost and genuinely enjoys cars, the reality is though if he loved it so much he would have just done it and not posted on here.

sorry my bad , I have always liked stuff out of the ordinary (not a sheep follower ) that's why I do what most people would not even try . but you are absolutely correct with the money

side of things and time . but not with that the xr6 build car would be better build than mine . I have stronger engine mounts (rated to 1000 hp ) 600 hp tailshaft fully rebuild btr box with

au parts and pump ,3.9 true track locker diff , trans cooler with fan ,etc .stuff that the ford factory would have loved to have fitted to these cars but ford opted for budget stuff instead .so

I have vastly improved on a standard ba xr6 turbo .I am 44 years old and this was my first ground up build . I would never ever get someone to build a car for me again ,the joy that you

get when you take the car to a show and see people looking at it and commenting on it is what makes it all worth while .and driving it is even better

ps Roland is a full on german name lol

CarShowSunday018_zps2ba76460.jpg

CarShowSunday016_zps9c8bb7bc.jpg

Edited by gunna