ERICtheBERIC Member 105 Member For: 12y 25d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/05/15 09:21 AM Author Posted 05/05/15 09:21 AM just 1 other thing, when the key is in the 2nd position (when all the lights on the dash light up) and I put my foot on the throttle pedal, I can hear some sort of motor whining in the engine bay. I was alone at the time so I couldnt quite gather where it was coming from 1
genuine honest person Member 2,769 Member For: 12y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: near brisbane Posted 05/05/15 09:41 AM Posted 05/05/15 09:41 AM ok ,I had the same problem . turn the key 3 times on and off to get rid of the security error code . my car started after that ,I may have also pressed the open door button as well . a mate said to do that and it worked
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/05/15 10:14 AM Posted 05/05/15 10:14 AM Whirring noise is the throttle body doing its thing.....I just realised your in Perth....where about mate?
ERICtheBERIC Member 105 Member For: 12y 25d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/05/15 11:09 AM Author Posted 05/05/15 11:09 AM I sure am. The car is in beckenham, id be more than happy to give you some money to come fix it if you recon you can. Ill try gunna's thing tomorrow, see how that goes and get back to you on here. 1
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/05/15 11:14 AM Posted 05/05/15 11:14 AM I have the gear to check the key coding and pcm security state. I can't reset the ICC but that wont stop the car starting.I reckon you have a pats issue as the smart lock light stays on. 1
ERICtheBERIC Member 105 Member For: 12y 25d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/05/15 11:18 AM Author Posted 05/05/15 11:18 AM ok ,I had the same problem . turn the key 3 times on and off to get rid of the security error code . my car started after that ,I may have also pressed the open door button as well . a mate said to do that and it workedDo you mean switch it between the start and acc positions? and the door locks on the remote or the interior? Mate if that works, ill be over the moon
ERICtheBERIC Member 105 Member For: 12y 25d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/05/15 11:35 AM Author Posted 05/05/15 11:35 AM (edited) I have the gear to check the key coding and pcm security state. I can't reset the ICC but that wont stop the car starting.I reckon you have a pats issue as the smart lock light stays on.If its a pats issue does that mean I need to get a new key? I only have the one Edited 05/05/15 11:36 AM by ERICtheBERIC
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 6d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/05/15 11:36 AM Posted 05/05/15 11:36 AM Maybe, maybe not keys may just need to be coded. I can do that. How many keys do you have? Could be quite a few things tho mate.
ERICtheBERIC Member 105 Member For: 12y 25d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/05/15 11:44 AM Author Posted 05/05/15 11:44 AM I have 1 key that fits that barrel. But also have another 1 key that fits another barrel I have from the original car. As well as another key reader. If you could come and try to diagnose it mate that would be mint, like I said im happy to give you money or beer or whatever. super desperate to get this thing running
PhilMeUp Member 1,045 Member For: 18y 2m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 05/05/15 12:53 PM Posted 05/05/15 12:53 PM Before getting any keys coded, get a second key.I normally get key blanks from China, but when I needed some quicker last year I ordered some from a place called Amalgamated Locksmiths in Brisbane.http://stores.ebay.com.au/safes4saleThen get a local locksmith to cut the key.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now