The Nutterism Thread

Buf-Phoon

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d

Hi all

There are a number of things on the minds of the voting populace re national secuurity atm

Least of which are my personal views

eg consider

Intervention in Syria and Iraq V Isil, where to then ?

Terrorism V democratic rights of nutters

Jackie Lambie is a nutter

The incident in SE Melbourne yesterday.

Faith in the federal Govt to act in our best interests V over reach and votes

Raids in NSW and QLD a ruse?

3 vehicles of citizens of Australia with "beards" at Lucas Heights

What scope should Australian agencies be allowed?

Media reach

The greens

I currently wear a beard, If pulled up would I become indignant ?

No. Nothing to find and nothing to see. Would I claim discrimination?

What do think is really happening ?

Point is what does the XR6 Turbo community think of our world ?

Personally somewhat nervous,Things seem to escalating at a rapid rate

Would like to keep this discussion balanced .a pov is welcomed.

Over to you ?

PS

Mods delete if too provocative ? we will not speak of censorship and free speech ?

another thread perhaps lol

Edited by tab
de-fonted

• Member For: 9y 11m 23d

I often grow a beard and when I do the guys at work start calling me Osama!

So I can see where your coming from.

To me it essentially comes down to this, if you've done nothing wrong then you've got nothing to worry about.

I know that's a little nigh-eve and mistakes will be made but for the greater good.

The media has created more hysteria than this subject deserves, DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!

I'm an atheist and treat all religions with equal disdain.

Although Buddhism seems to have the best teachings.

I like this thread.

• Like 2

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 29d

Im an Australian and have beard and dont give a flying f%#k

I love my country and im 100% sure so does everyone else in here. I say sign me up

In regards to what happening overseas dont care, let them deal with it. Why should we get involved?

This is a media field day and will be top topic for the next month or 2 and also give fuel companies a good reason to keep fuel price on the up.

Will e interesting to read other input.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 24d

Well some interesting views.

I don't consider religious people nutters because they are religious.. I can sort of proclaim that I am semi-christian.. (Ie: I got fairly disillusioned with the whole church thing and largely realised that church is big business so I'm teetering between my christian upbringing and largely agnostic views on things).

My view on the government is that sure there is probably a bunch of stuff we aren't getting told.. The sh*t going on overseas scares the crapola out of me.. One could almost refer to the commitment of troops as a necessary overreaction..

This problem over there is neither going to sort itself out or go away.. Some government persona on the radio the other day put it excellently.. "There is a line drawn between 'freedom of speech' and encouraging violence". I'm still not a huge fan of getting involved overseas but I don't believe these minor governments in those little countries are able to deal with this sort of thing.

Jackie Lambie -> Needs to be put down faster than a playboy mag when your mum opens the bedroom door..

Raids in australia? -> We need to define terrorists better.. I can't comment on these raids as I don't know where this information is coming from.. If the information is being fed out of people that should know (ASIO) then maybe they are justified.. If it's local police acting on government direction then it's a different kettle of fish... I think they are a bad idea being this public because eventually someones gonna play the race/religion card and inspire more nutters to the cause..

However in the scheme of things.. IS ISIL making us look away from russia and china?

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m

Same amount of nutters as any other time, just that some of the current crop make better headlines and our media/internet etc brings it home quicker, stronger and more sensationalised.

I don't (personally) feel in any greater danger than I did a decade ago, and have no increased worries as to the safety of my children. PLO and IRA were the monsters in the news back when I was at school - there'll always be some acronym group as the next one to worry about.

Political correctness needs to go away and die as far as I'm concerned - so what if someone gets offended by something someone says. Not being able to call a spade a spade is far more damaging than having to hold back whats said in fear you may upset someone. Same doubly so in regards to communities and groups - so what if some group is up in arms over some comment made by someone else - the only "real" effect of that comment was to give you something to be up in arms about.

Media needs to go back to journalism and reporting rather than click bait headlines where what someone ate on Big Brother is as valid a news article to them as real threat to lives because it gets them just as many views.

For the rest - I think the government/armed forces/police will pretty much do the best they can to deal with real issues as they come along.

Would be nice if we were allowed to ban nutters from politics, but we keep on voting them in. Every friggin election time there's a new one or two who theoretically shouldn't even know how to breathe without reminders or who really shouldn't be allowed to open their mouths.

That said - I'm far more likely to be stabbed by some low life tweaking on ice than beheaded by one of the mentioned nutters because some idiot in another country posted a message on facebook.

• Like 2

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 21d

I see ISIS as a virus

It's an ideology as much as it is a terrorist organization

The idea of extremism can grow in one's mind from perceived prejudice to their "religon"

I don't think all religions are evil but take anyone of the Holy books literally and all hell would break loose

It's all about the person

What the general population have to realise is that we ,"the west" have put these extremists in power.

We've done it over and over time and again for the last hundred years since WW1.

There's a reason why Suddam was such a kahnt and the guy running Syria is the same and many like them in the past .

If their not utter pricks of dictators then what replaces them is far worse.

The sooner the west stops meddling in the Middle East or takes complete control the better for all concerned.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m

Will agree with that - except the discovery, need and value placed on the oil in those same places has bought about a lot of wealth and issues that also weren't there prior to the europeans involvement and carving up of the areas at that time. It was a lot simpler and more peaceful back then, but even without the wests involvement the whole area was up for major change regardless.

I do agree though - it either needs to be an all in or all out decision. Let them take control and sort themselves out or do it yourselves.

• Like 2

Yeah finding oil in the Middle East really through a spanner in the works otherwise they'd still be living in the stone age and no one would give a toss what they did!

Maybe it's all part of Gods plan to test us LOL!!!

• Like 2

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 8d

Never going to get completely impartial information. But there is a series called vice that gives some interesting perspective.

As for what's going on in the world I'm conflicted.

Is it real is it convenient timing. Does social media just allow much quicker flow of small bites of information that we get inundated.

To try and put done definitions thoughts in here. I have no faith in our governing bodies. I only vote as to not incur a fine and struggle to at least vote for the least offensive option.

Lambie is a hired mouthpiece, nothing more nothing less. Everything she says is generally what someone else wants put out there for one reason or another.

Find the Outlaw motorcycle laws more offensive than the car rent new terrorist laws. But haven't had time to read them and digest them yet.

Then I revert back to AJ mode were I just want to deploy and shoot people.

• Like 2