Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Great read Joe & I like your attension to details as well, that fire ring concept has been used in europe in more so BMW's for years one of the many names is pyramid ring or T ring, the great thing about this is you never need to replace the head gasket which is made out of copper & rings again if & when the head has to come back off again you just reuse what you have & unlike the other way that some engine shops are still using theres no need to reciver groove the head so no expensive head work is required.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Liverpool
Posted

Great read Joe & I like your attension to details as well, that fire ring concept has been used in europe in more so BMW's for years one of the many names is pyramid ring or T ring, the great thing about this is you never need to replace the head gasket which is made out of copper & rings again if & when the head has to come back off again you just reuse what you have & unlike the other way that some engine shops are still using theres no need to reciver groove the head so no expensive head work is required.

Thanks for the input Joe, I'm not surprised that it is European "technology".. I assume that you have used this method before? How did/does it hold up?

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 3m 15d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

yes on many builds & its perfect, actual if you do some reserch on this the F1 boys were using this concept back in the 80's when they had to hold up to 90 + psi of boost

Posted

Love all the extra your going to mate all the little things can add up to help a lot more in the end can't wait to see how it goes when it's together.

About the atomic flex plate have you checked with atomic about wether they have changed they way they harden the ring gear as last year another blokes one failed and stripped teeth off the ring gear after around 4 starts of the motor with it. Just thought you would wanna check since how your going to all the extra effort to make sure everything is balanced together.

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Liverpool
Posted

Thanks for That eff xr6t, I was un-aware of this issue, I shall speak to Brad

  • in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

What size are the barbs on the E85 sensor on the return line?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Liverpool
Posted (edited)

They are 3/8 GM style fittings

Edited by Peppy_t92
  • in the mid....not the bum like some
  • Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Does anyone make a 1/2" one so we can run a true AN8 return line with a sensor?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

I hope those fire rings work out. Where did you get them. In my day could never find them. They look a bit close to the water jacket though.

You didn't touch the flats on the chambers. I know with the Supra mob they used to take out one side (I think the exh side) as it was a souce of something (think detonation). I am talking about very high boost mtrs. But with ethanol not really a problem maybe.

How much attention to the oiling system have you given. I've done mtrs where there has been minimal attention to detail to oil passages to alot of teardroping of every entry and exit hole and the big ends definately were heaps better on the prepped mtr after abuse. A 3mm metal burr grinding bit is your friend here. Some of the oiling holes are not even centered very well so it all needs attention in performance applications IMO.

Edited by turbotrana
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Liverpool
Posted

Does anyone make a 1/2" one so we can run a true AN8 return line with a sensor?

Not that I'm aware of.. But from memory when I measured the I.D's of all the fittings the ethanol sensor was about 8.8mm with the -8 Teflon hose being around 9.1mm.. The smallest part of my system is the fittings that screw into the KPM module, being 1/4 NPT was about 7.8mm I.d so I think the way I have set it up will be the most efficient for this system

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...