Xr50 Legacy Donating Member 196 Member For: 16y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 06/11/13 05:40 AM Posted 06/11/13 05:40 AM Gonna be upgrading my rotors soon and wanted to get some decent pads too.Ive heard a lot of criticism about Bendix and squeeling and Ferodo seem to have a poor overall rep so which pads would be the go.Obviously Brake performance is crucial, but they also need to be quiet and not too abrasive or create a lot of dust.Any help appreciated
fehlbie Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 17y 5m 28d Posted 06/11/13 11:34 AM Posted 06/11/13 11:34 AM Bendix ultimate. Awesome pads. It will always be a compromise, good pads eat discs and make dust. They are only really a little squeaky when cold and on light pedal application.
boost69 Legacy Donating Member 737 Member For: 21y 4m 10d Posted 06/11/13 09:40 PM Posted 06/11/13 09:40 PM I have Ultimates on the BF XR6T and they have very good bight, but do squeal a bit, and are quite dusty. Though I really like them as they really give you that confident grippy stopping feel even after a few hard repeated stops. On the FG XR6T I have the SRT pad on the front and oddly enough there is not much squealing, the bight is good and they are quite dusty also. On the rear I have the standard Ford pads, and they produce very little dust at all.
Xr50 Legacy Donating Member 196 Member For: 16y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/11/13 09:02 AM Author Posted 07/11/13 09:02 AM Anyone use QFM HPX pads?
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 3d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 07/11/13 09:21 AM Posted 07/11/13 09:21 AM I had a thread asking about pads too.I wanted no noise and little to no dust. Apparently if you go that way your going to sacrifice on how good they are going to bite?I was told to give the Brembo pads a go. Im still inclined to try them (pretty cheap at $70-$80 per set) but I also saw a new ferodo pad called TQ (Thermal Quiet I think?) which boast the most quietest brakes ever so was tempted by that too. Its probably going to be best to ask a brakes specialist in your area what their opinion will be? but I think the HPX pads are good (but dusty)? Don't quote me on that but lol
Breeze_xr Legacy Donating Member 168 Member For: 14y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 07/11/13 09:27 AM Posted 07/11/13 09:27 AM I have heard very good reports about Remsa and I plan to get a set of them very soon Heard they have awesome stopping power and are reasonably quiet. Only downpart to them is that they are extremely dusty Maybe give them a search and see what people that have them think
munyac5 Member 28 Member For: 13y 4d Posted 07/11/13 09:23 PM Posted 07/11/13 09:23 PM Get Greenstuff.Hardly any brake dust.
RUS531 RUS531 Legacy Donating Member 410 Member For: 20y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Emerald QLD Posted 09/11/13 07:27 AM Posted 09/11/13 07:27 AM I'm about to try Project MU HC+ Pads on the front. Will report back
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 12/11/13 06:21 AM Posted 12/11/13 06:21 AM Street Road Track here work great but are very dusty on the rims.
***VX*R8*** Member 202 Member For: 12y 11m 14d Gender: Male Posted 14/11/13 09:15 AM Posted 14/11/13 09:15 AM I have DBA T2 Slotted and QFM HPX pads on the front. Squeals BAD unless I keep bedding them in. I have the same pads on my VX Clubsport R8 with DBA Gold Slotted and Cross Drilled rotors, they squealed a bit at first too but nowhere near as bad.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now