Gauge Locations In Fg Mk1 Ute

edawg91

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 1m

I'd only get a gauge holder like the above.

These cars should be kept somewhat classy, they're not japanese drift cars where you have 20 gauges going down the drivers side pillar and all over dash.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 3m 9d

I'm getting one of these. Are they any good. Easy to put in and the 52 mil gauges fit fine?

kinda.... the aeroforce gauges needed a few wraps with some tape to make them fit snug. the autometer gauge needed the holder modded to fit. (though its a mechanical boost gauge. mounting bolts had to be cut down, hooles for them had to be made bigger in the cup, the base plate had to be modded as the fittings hit.

also fairly easy to fit. I was a little concerned when the instructions said to use a screwdriver or butter knife though.... just dont loose the yellow clips into the dash.

Edited by brycieboy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 6d

kinda.... the aeroforce gauges needed a few wraps with some tape to make them fit snug. the autometer gauge needed the holder modded to fit. (though its a mechanical boost gauge. mounting bolts had to be cut down, hooles for them had to be made bigger in the cup, the base plate had to be modded as the fittings hit.

also fairly easy to fit. I was a little concerned when the instructions said to use a screwdriver or butter knife though.... just dont loose the yellow clips into the dash.

If you use electric gauges you don't have to modify any thing on the gauge holder. Just have to trim the brass mounting bolts on the gauges shorter. Here is a pic of mine

DC99B8AD-8F3D-4CDD-B8F3-7EE770588729-120

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 20d

The SS pod just clips in to the factory position. It's the wiring and installing senders that will test you if you don't know what you are doing. It's not the most difficult job to do and there are a few tutorials on here, but save yourself the headache if you aren't 'mechanically minded'.

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 19y 10m 25d
On Wednesday, October 09, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Lennox said:

Yes 52mm fit fine, weird how they say on their website that they may not fit?

No they dont.You can't fit a mechanical autometer boost gauge to them without a grinder to cut a big hole in the pod then hack the top of the holder