Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 6m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Picture looks fine for me when I click on it on PC...

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

One day I might think about opening the box on the coffee table and getting the gtx out on installing it....only been sitting there for 2 or 3 months now. I really enjoy hearing about the success ppl are having with it

Are we brothers?

I procrastinate over everything...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

Picture looks fine for me when I click on it on PC...

Must just be crapatalk or my new phone?

  • I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 6m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia
Posted (edited)

Sooky bitch aye Bomber......yeah ya could be right there lol but like I've said to you - my car so I can do what I like - and its nice to know that I'm not alone in that. And yes, I did see yours. thnx.

I like to do lots of research before I decide to do anything now and that involves sitting down and thinking about it on and off. I'll think about whether that's procrastination or not and get back to you in the fullness of time

hehehe

Edited by BenDoCo
  • Like 3
  • To Loud
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA, Perth
Posted

BenDoCo. don't do it. it's not worth it mate. You better off selling your car and getting the XR8.

PS, I'll take the turbo off you if you want. :P

  • Like 1
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

haha. anything to get blokes motivated for the greater good :)

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 3m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, SOR
Posted

You got my score on the board.[emoji106]

  • Like 1
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Your car is awesome mate. You've done some really nice mods to it. You'll be really happy with the upgrade I'm certain. Look forward to seeing you get it done.

  • Like 1
  • I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 6m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: A big bridge over a river in South Australia
Posted

^^^ back off topic.

You must have your eye on something else???

One of the supercharged GTs for example???

Nah Tex........just felt like I had had enough of the car at the time and because Bomber (and a couple of others) know a bit about my situation, Bomber decided to go with the "sooky bitch" comment.......but seriously --- he was right with it

BenDoCo. don't do it. it's not worth it mate. You better off selling your car and getting the XR8.

PS, I'll take the turbo off you if you want. :P

They're not on special any more are they...........$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ;)

  • Like 2
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

The port & flapper mod has a heap of threads and info on it but some quick points:

  • Check for cracks around all holes before you even start
  • Ensure it doesn't have excessive shaft play (pretty rare but my donor was rooted requiring new bush and shaft) by pulling down on the arm, simulating the actuator, so the flapper is in the closed off position. If the bush/shaft is flogged out with a bit of pre-load applied (again as the actuator does) it will lift the opposite side of the flapper off its seat.
  • Unsure the top part of the port remains essentially as is to ensure the oversized flapper will not pinch/catch as the flapper returns to seat. Basically, the port ends up being 'D' shaped with the top or pivot end being kinda flat, as material is removed both on the sides and bottom to create the 33mm oversized port.
  • Also grind the end of the boss (that retains the bush) a little, to ensure the flapper clears as it passes.
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...