Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Posted

Hi guys,

Just been weighing up exhaust options and am keen on the dual systems that Manta offer. My FG F6 is sitting at 325rwkw and I am aiming for 400 after exhaust and a few other things....the question is, do I go with the S/S dual 2.5" or dual 3.0"?

Does anyone have these systems?

I guess another option is difilippo 3.5" single to dual 3.0" after the diff?

  • Like 1
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 14d
Posted

Good flow is definately important for 400+kw, it can be done on less, but just means the engine is working harder to produce that power. Manta Twin 3" would be very nice. Owmuchezzit? and owloudezzit?

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Posted

Yeah I know what you mean.

Manta twin 2.5 is ~2700 and twin 3.0 is ~3200 (full system)

I just want some feedback on loudness and drone and those sorts of things....

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 18d
  • Location: sydney
Posted

I had a twin 2.5 on my typhoon and it made 395kw at the wheels, wasn't loud and didn't drone

  • Will do skids for food
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth SOR
Posted

Just a general question not specifically aimed at you, will_045.

Unless people will be looking underneath, or you plan to keep the car for 20 years and don't want it to rust away, why do people spend all that extra money on stainless exhausts?

Is there another advantage ?

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Posted

Yeah there's a big sound difference between mild steel and stainless steel. So combined with build quality, increased longevity and sound, the systems are different.

It all boils down to budget too. Nothing wrong with mild...just different.

will-82 So easy to live with day to day I'm guessing? Much louder than stock?

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted (edited)

Mild sounds "warmer" or deeper I think.

My gf hates the car noise at 100-110 especially when towing a load. I care not due to windows down and/or stereo. I have Manta mild 2x2.5"

Go twin 3, bloke called Gladio on here said ages ago he went from Manta 2x2.5 to 2x3 and drone went away.

Oh I have auto though which loves to sit at 1650-1900RPM right in the drone spot while driving around.

Edited by -SteveR-
  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

I have a twin 3" manta. Khunts must think I'm a millionaire.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...