will_045 Member 20 Member For: 14y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, Queensland Posted 28/02/13 11:11 PM Posted 28/02/13 11:11 PM Hi guys,Just been weighing up exhaust options and am keen on the dual systems that Manta offer. My FG F6 is sitting at 325rwkw and I am aiming for 400 after exhaust and a few other things....the question is, do I go with the S/S dual 2.5" or dual 3.0"?Does anyone have these systems?I guess another option is difilippo 3.5" single to dual 3.0" after the diff? 1
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 28/02/13 11:17 PM Posted 28/02/13 11:17 PM Twin 3" for 400+ 1
unclewal Legacy Donating Member 583 Member For: 16y 14d Posted 28/02/13 11:30 PM Posted 28/02/13 11:30 PM Good flow is definately important for 400+kw, it can be done on less, but just means the engine is working harder to produce that power. Manta Twin 3" would be very nice. Owmuchezzit? and owloudezzit?
will_045 Member 20 Member For: 14y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, Queensland Posted 28/02/13 11:37 PM Author Posted 28/02/13 11:37 PM Yeah I know what you mean. Manta twin 2.5 is ~2700 and twin 3.0 is ~3200 (full system)I just want some feedback on loudness and drone and those sorts of things.... 1
will-82 Member 427 Member For: 21y 8m 18d Location: sydney Posted 28/02/13 11:39 PM Posted 28/02/13 11:39 PM I had a twin 2.5 on my typhoon and it made 395kw at the wheels, wasn't loud and didn't drone
Boganspeed Will do skids for food Legacy Donating Member 1,177 Member For: 14y 11m Gender: Male Location: Perth SOR Posted 01/03/13 01:00 AM Posted 01/03/13 01:00 AM Just a general question not specifically aimed at you, will_045.Unless people will be looking underneath, or you plan to keep the car for 20 years and don't want it to rust away, why do people spend all that extra money on stainless exhausts?Is there another advantage ?
Never had any say Panda I <3 Floods Legacy Donating Member 11,198 Member For: 15y 2m 3d Gender: Male Location: South West QLD Posted 01/03/13 01:08 AM Posted 01/03/13 01:08 AM E85 needs stainless.. It'll rust out mild pretty quick.. Different sounds between the two..
will_045 Member 20 Member For: 14y 8m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, Queensland Posted 01/03/13 01:08 AM Author Posted 01/03/13 01:08 AM Yeah there's a big sound difference between mild steel and stainless steel. So combined with build quality, increased longevity and sound, the systems are different. It all boils down to budget too. Nothing wrong with mild...just different. will-82 So easy to live with day to day I'm guessing? Much louder than stock?
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 01/03/13 05:02 AM Posted 01/03/13 05:02 AM (edited) Mild sounds "warmer" or deeper I think.My gf hates the car noise at 100-110 especially when towing a load. I care not due to windows down and/or stereo. I have Manta mild 2x2.5"Go twin 3, bloke called Gladio on here said ages ago he went from Manta 2x2.5 to 2x3 and drone went away.Oh I have auto though which loves to sit at 1650-1900RPM right in the drone spot while driving around. Edited 01/03/13 05:04 AM by -SteveR-
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 01/03/13 05:12 AM Posted 01/03/13 05:12 AM I have a twin 3" manta. Khunts must think I'm a millionaire. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now