Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• Donating doesnt allow you to be an idiot!
  • Member For: 17y 3m 11d

hey guys

just bought an amplified one of these from ford. Hooked it up in about 15mins

sounds good have great high volume sound at only around 10-12 on the stereo. No whining or nothing at all except for the music so very pleased with it

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 2d

I have had a look at alot of posts regarding ipod installs into the xr6's, but they all seem to be old.

Its 2008 now and I'm sure someone has solved the humming noises that I've read about.

I'm thinking about buying an ipod with a car charger and running it through the stereo.

What is the BEST way to do this?

What is the sound quality like?

Prices?

Thanks guys.

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 2m 23d

I have the factory mp3 input in my TT and if the mp3 is ripped at a quality level, the sound is as good as a CD. This being said, the TT comes with an ordinary sound system, so it's no challenge. The main obstacle is the fact that "borrowed" mp3's are usually crap quality and therefore sound crap.

• Member For: 17y 2d

There is no problem with the music that I actually have on my computer, the quality is fine. I just thought that running an ipod through a car system might reduce quality under that of playing a cd.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 13d

Sound quality is fine as long as you have the amplified audio connection. It was around $100 +/- 10 when I got it about a year ago.

humming noises can only be heard if car volume is around middle and up and you ipod volume is set to low.

• Member For: 19y 2m 5d

You just arnt pushing hard enough then!

There used to be a guy on the forum making an amp/connector for around $100, or better still one that did video into the Premium colour screens as well. I was lucky to get one of these, and the quality is fantastic. Unfortunately he doesnt make them anymore. The amplified Ford one is ok - but not as good from what I have heard. Th non-amplified one is rubbish, I got rid of mine.

You need the IPOD at about 2/3 volume - and the volume through the stereo should be similar to radio or CD, and very little whine.

I agree on comments on quality of MP3 - I have got some rubbish ones, better off deleting them. Most of mine are ripped from my own CDs, and just convenient to have on the IPOD rather than carrying hundres of CDs around.