Apple Ipod Thread (Merged Topic)

Velvet Glove

• Member For: 19y 5m 25d
the kit you bought should be fine Da King :SWMBO: all my customers have no complaints

alpha, your mk1 ipod will owrk, the plug is just like your headphone plug, I'm not sure about the amp, but if everything is grounded properly it should be ok....

Senna T

I also have a Nokia bluetooth car kit plugged into the Premium sound and the connectors on the iPod adptor look horribly like those for the car kit - I get the feeling that both the phone car kit and the iPod adaptor can't be connected at the same time - Ford Accessories on their web site said something about this.

Do you know if both my phone kit and the iPod adaptor from Ford can be conneted (piggy backed) at the same time?

Daking (Ken)

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m

I'm pretty sure you can't fit both at the same time, it would be a custom piggy back if you could, probably too much trouble, someone else may be able to do it, have you searched for other threads on the subject?

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 23d

Ken

The part number I posted above allows the Nokia kit to be plugged into it then into the stereo, it also boosts the sound of the handsfree.

(I have the Nokia kit fitted as well)

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 12d

Yeah on your stereo you basically have two external imputs; "AUX" which is stereo and "PHONE" (or "MEDIA" I think, depending on whether it's premium or not) which is a mono input. Even though the booster kit uses the phone connector it's only for power.

• Member For: 19y 5m 25d

Gents

many thanks - I will get the kit this arvo and give it ago over the weekend - in between rebuilding the washing machine, digging the new veggy patch, mowing the lawn, doing some wotk on the new bathroom, and, any other orders the missus will have waiting for me when I get home tonight !!!

Dakimng (Ken)

• Member For: 17y 2m 3d

Well guys I too went out and bought a boosted ipod kit. Very easy to install. For $90 odd dollars, its ok compared to having to re deck the whole system. There is a slight "hissing" sound on some of the tracks on my ipod, but yeah you still have to turn your volume on your ipod to MAX and I have an aftermarket amp in my car as well. 7/10 - What do you think DAking?

Edited by alpha

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 23d

Is there a way to tell if I have the amped AUX cable ?

I just drove to Queensland and back using the AUX and the Ipod. It whined a bit as I had a power adaptor into the Ipod as well.

I am just unsure if it was amped. Is there any way to tell from the cable or setup if it is the amped one ?

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 23d

nah, I had the ipod up full and the ICC at about 16, so I guess it will be the amped one ?

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m

yeah sounds like it, the standard ones are just crap in comparison! I spose what you have to remember is that even though you amplify it, the Ipod is till a very small driver, so you can't expect too much out of it