Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

No worries and best of luck with your plan.

Ford’s troubleshooting procedure with anything electronic is to disconnect the battery and try it again - which would have the same effect (as well as losing all your dash/ICC settings). Let us know if you stumble across a permanent fix though.

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Didnt think you were a fan of anything with a apple on it Tabby?

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Yeah not a fan of rabbit food - how can you tell? :o

...oh yeah I see what you're getting at. Can't resist the vortex indefinitely when nothing else gives you the same integration. Do feel a bit dirty though!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 7d
Posted

Just picked up a G6ET 2nd hand today. And like quite a few I have ipod issues. I know that the system works, household has 3 ipods Nano 1st Gen, itouch 1 and 2nd Gen. The itouch 1Gen works a treat - menu is on the ICC the other 2 just work with selecting the play now using the ipod display.

During the test drive I took the Nano and could not get it to work at all on the car I purchased which was registered Nov 2008 - the car could have been built before as it was a Ford Demo car but the warranty ends in Nov 2011. Part of the aggrement was to fix the plug - turns out that the plug was not connected to the centre console and once pushed in the nano works as described above.

My issue - I was also looking at a 2nd hand F6 which was a March 2009 car - plugged in the Nano and it worked with the menu on the ICC - What is different and why wont it work in my G6ET - I thought that they were all the same?

I have read about some upgrade and being charged for it - I dont want to pay if they have fixed an original fault.

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

You need to get the Audio Interface Module (AIM) Updated by a Ford dealer.

It is a 5min job.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

...and be persistent with the bastards, as an update will fix it.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 26d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hey guys,

Have premium sound in my BF. Does it come with an auxilary jack hidden in the car that I can't see?

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

It's an option, have a look under the tissue box holder for it.

Why the three threads farkin? :headbang2:

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Sorry, four threads. :headbang2:

In front of the gear stick, have a feel/look in the bottom compartment for a socket.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...