Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 19d
Posted

Is it me or is the iPod integration with the FG lacking functionality? I have 50GB of albums on my iPod and to see all "U2" albums would mean I scroll the little wheel for about 5-10 mins before I see U2.

I am perhaps missing something here or perhaps Ford can afford to do an upgrade and allow me to skip to letters like the iPod does.

Can someone set me straight here or offer a contact/outfit at Ford I can lobby?

Marc.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Yeah - takes about 20 minutes to scroll through the friggin alphabet :roflmbo: Only plausible solution is to use playlists.

...or you can unplug it, start playing your album, then plug it back in. Not really an option unless your stationary though.

:roflmbo:

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 8m 19d
Posted

Thanks Tab. I must say I am disappointed in the functionality of the iPod integration.

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

does not bother me as mine is on shuffle and if I do not like the song, I go to the next one.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Watsonia
Posted

Yeah this is very annoying.. but its exactly the same in every manufacturer's ipod interface.. I reckon it could be to do with the ipod.. somehow!

I do alot of road testing with work.. and the Falcon is by far the best ipod interface or equal best with a 7 series. At least it was..

After I got an upgrade in 2008 now all my albums play alphabetical.. not in album order. Anyone else noticed this?

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Had that on mine initially, and the only way I could convince them that it needed upgrading was the fact that there was no Ford logo on the ipod screen when it was plugged in.

Ever since then it's been fine.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Watsonia
Posted

Really? mine shows the Ford Logo, I told the dealer to upgrade it and they said they are all alphabetical and they cant do anything..

so yours plays albums in order? I might have to get on the dealer again..

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Yep. Just to clarify that we are talking about the same thing - would play the tracks in an album or playlist by their name alphabetically rather than the actual track order. If so then yeah the audio interface module upgrade fixed it.

Another thing you can try is resetting the module, ignition off, pull fuse #21, ignition on, ignition off, restore fuse. But it definitely sounds like a software issue.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Watsonia
Posted

Perfect!

That's the best news I've heard in a long time. I'll now get to work on the dealer!

thanks tab.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

Well when I connect my Ipod or Iphone nothing happens.

The Phone will work (sound only) but I can only use the phone its self to change songs.

As for the Ipod it doesnt work all together

What do I need to do to fix it??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...