Jump to content

vdeknock

Member
  • Posts

    21
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vdeknock

  1. Looks good in the Blue - being an 08 you will probably find you have the old version of the ipod software. I do and have it on the list for updates next time I get to the dealer. Glovebox is likely to be a bad fit, get it replaced - otherwise enjoy the power. I am still playing with all the settings and getting the seat just right. Memory seats are one of the best items.
  2. So whats a good price, $170AU seems a bit on the high side as per the listing ?
  3. Just picked up a G6ET 2nd hand today. And like quite a few I have ipod issues. I know that the system works, household has 3 ipods Nano 1st Gen, itouch 1 and 2nd Gen. The itouch 1Gen works a treat - menu is on the ICC the other 2 just work with selecting the play now using the ipod display. During the test drive I took the Nano and could not get it to work at all on the car I purchased which was registered Nov 2008 - the car could have been built before as it was a Ford Demo car but the warranty ends in Nov 2011. Part of the aggrement was to fix the plug - turns out that the plug was not connected to the centre console and once pushed in the nano works as described above. My issue - I was also looking at a 2nd hand F6 which was a March 2009 car - plugged in the Nano and it worked with the menu on the ICC - What is different and why wont it work in my G6ET - I thought that they were all the same? I have read about some upgrade and being charged for it - I dont want to pay if they have fixed an original fault.
  4. Anyone got some actual numbers on a BF - Interested to know if ford made any real improvements as they state?
  5. If you are buying fuel in WA it all comes from the one refinery BP Kwinana. Caltex add an additive to their 95RON for cleaning of injectors. Shell has a pipeline from the refinery to their storage tanks. The makeup of the fuel is changed all the time depending on the current conditions - weather, feed stock, etc. Which is why fuel should be used within 1 month of purchase. 98 RON is only sold at BP due to a deal between the oil companies, hopefully this will change. As a side note 91RON fuel will be phased out in WA , not sure of the time frame. Some fuel from Gull etc does come from Singapore but due to lobying by BP the chemical composition of the fuel is such that is cost more to import than make locally. - Certain chemicals are not allowed. Eastern states have more choice at the moment - watch out if a refinery closes!
  6. Quick question on the printouts. For a full-stock XR6T I am looking at the boost line and the max was 5.4 PSI. Is this consistant with other cars on the day. I thought that the max boost was 6 (I assume PSI and not bar) because 5.4 PSI is only ~3.7bar. I know my output of 248.5 HP for an auto was inline with other reading. Great day and nice to know that ford have managed to make most car produce roughly the same output. Vincent
  7. How about one in the daytime so we can see the mods.
  8. Will try to make KP in time, if I am running late will go straight to the dyno place. Hope one of the F6 can make it, would like a good look at my next car :( just need to convice the wife we need a better version of the T !
  9. $2200 for insurance....eeekk Why so much only slightly more expensive than the T and has the same security system
  10. Steve Add me to the definitely list (The M3 has made sure I get there!) - will be at Kings Park before 9:30. Do we have a location and mobile number of one member we can use incase of running late etc? Might be best to do via email not sure if anyone wants their mobile phone number listed on an open forum.
  11. Steve I will try to come and have a look, cant stay for the whole time but should have a few hours spare in the morning. If I can be earlier rather than later and you still need numbers then put me down. Should be able to make KP by 9:30am Vincent
  12. Are they planning to make them illegal in WA? I do remember this was raise a few years ago but have hear nil since then. Surely it can only be a matter of time before we fall into line with the rest of Oz. Having said that the speeding fine in WA are very small compared to the Police states on the overside of OZ !
  13. Cant make it on Sunday due to Mothers Day and Football in the morning. Look forward to seeing the photos. Vincent
  14. vdeknock

    Wa Owners!

    Email sent and a bump to keep it going!
  15. Know where I wont be going for my next service - they may accept they lose you as a customer but they wont gain me either! I use CentreFord - not sure they are any better but I did argue about the price before the service and accepted a quote that was more than most but not by much. I will provide the oil next time as well - did not know I could do this. Will say that CentreFord have been good on warranty work and so far the car runs really well with no major problems. On the issue of warranty work I also stated that I have the following to be completed under warranty and they wrote it down as that when I signed the form to approve the work on drop off.
  16. Had a drive of a friends 966 (the new 911 shape not sure of the number) which had the racing brakes as described above. He did not like them for around town as you need to stand on the peddle to warm the thing up first. But once warm they pull you up.
  17. Booked my car in for a few items to be fixed and asked about the reflash, was told unless I had a problem it will cost me and not be under warranty. The service guy then said do I have any flat spots - I said funny you mention that - was then told they will load it and hope it address the problem! Guess this is the difference between a factory recall and a word of mouth fix if you identify a problem.
  18. vdeknock

    Xr6t Mki Vs Mkii

    And a few of the good colours are no longer available
  19. I have a Feb 04 build, which I purchased this month. So far no problems, just been in for the first service. They picked up a minor coolent leak but otherwise no diff noise, I cant get the thing to overboost (might not be trying hard enough). By the time I hit +4000 rpm I am way over the speed limit - need to find a road with a higher speed limit to give it a real push. Will say the car likes a drink cant get the avg below 15l/100km. The only difference between the Mk1 and Mk2 is the 6 speed manual, in my case I have the auto and no difference apart from minor trim and colour. If you do buy look for the upgraded sound. In terms of cost the car was 6mths old, upgraded sound, sunroof, mud flaps, XR foot carpet and an extra 4 years warranty - I save ~$13 - $15,000 from new. Which if you purchase a new Mk2 you will also likely lose, I wont drop any where near this amount (I hope!)
  20. Would also suggest that if you are buying a new second hand car you check with Ford first to ensure it is still under warranty. Or do you need a signed statement from the previous owner that he never did a drag racing, etc...... I just purchased a 6 month old T from a delear with the extend ford warranty, was told that the car needed to and did pass a 100 point inspection before it could be offered (sure this is just talk). The car is completely original, and is likely to remain that way, but I now have 7 years to ensure I dont have diff or brake problems.
  21. Will be an interesting drag if the magana turns up!
×
×
  • Create New...