typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 06/11/08 07:47 PM Posted 06/11/08 07:47 PM yeh mate.. when u buy the ipod loom.. it comes with instructions.. plugs in behind the fuse box inside the car. then run the wires across the back and theres a lil holder for the wire in the tissue box department underneith your system. and it screws in there.. if u get the loom from ford.. it comes with a retractadle connector to your ipod.. plug it in and hold down the AM button and it changes into AUX mode
Henry Member 180 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 06/11/08 09:35 PM Posted 06/11/08 09:35 PM Thanx Chief, I owe you a beer!
DOC291 Member 12 Member For: 17y 10m 26d Posted 24/11/08 10:38 AM Posted 24/11/08 10:38 AM Hi All,iPod question, I am about to take delivery of my FG XR6T (Tech + Lux Pack) and I stupidly didn't check what iPods would work with it, needless to say my new iPod Nano 16Gig (4th Gen) arrived 2 weeks ago. I have tested it in another FG and whilst it works the screen in the FG displays "unknown device" (or somthing like that) and you cannot control it.Does anyone know if/when Ford are relasing an update for this??Thanks in advance.
timbos99 Member 300 Member For: 17y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 25/11/08 11:04 AM Posted 25/11/08 11:04 AM 5th Gen 80g classic works fine not a hassle.... yet....
DOC291 Member 12 Member For: 17y 10m 26d Posted 26/11/08 12:26 AM Posted 26/11/08 12:26 AM Hi All,I pick up my FG XR6T on Friday, but when I test drove one a few weeks ago I took my 4th Gen Nano along to try it and although the sound worked fine, the iPod shows on the ICC as "unsupported" and you cannot control from the car (only from the iPod).I have also read on another forum that there are no plans to support this, unless someone from Ford wants to confirm for me and make me an extra-happy customer.Sure the car is quick, but I can't change songs
alexr8 Member 42 Member For: 18y 3d Gender: Male Posted 26/11/08 12:53 AM Posted 26/11/08 12:53 AM I just picked up my fg xr6 turbo ute on saturday and was told that the software in the premium sound is old and ford are making an updated version to cope with this problem.
DOC291 Member 12 Member For: 17y 10m 26d Posted 26/11/08 01:29 AM Posted 26/11/08 01:29 AM We'll that news is very welcome. Hopefully the update lets the 4th Nano's work and I won't feel bad about dropping $ 200 on it.Let's see if the date becomes real and not TBA.
silkhammer New Member 9 Member For: 18y 29d Posted 26/11/08 10:24 PM Posted 26/11/08 10:24 PM My Gen5 30GB iPod connects and works fine in my FG T. It does annoy me though that you can't scroll fast through long lists like with the iPod itself - ie. if I'm trying to get down to a band starting with 'S' and go into "Artists", which means you start from the top, it takes a friggin long time to scroll down through the couple of hundred other artists to get there, which ain't that helpful when trying to drive a manual in traffic. Has anyone found a feature that I haven't? Or some clever way around it? I tried creating playlists with artists starting with each letter (ie A-Z) but then it only shows the song names when scrolling through them, not the artists. I'm being picky I know (at least mine works!), just thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas...
DOC291 Member 12 Member For: 17y 10m 26d Posted 27/11/08 06:36 AM Posted 27/11/08 06:36 AM Hi All,Just picked up my FG XR6T (money well spent), I plugged my 4th 16Gig Nano in expecting it not to work, AND IT DID, full functionaly menus everything.Exellent.I also have an iPhone that connect via BT, you can make a call, but when you hang up the BT dies. Anyone have this issue?
dashturbo Legacy Donating Member 280 Member For: 18y 2m Gender: Male Location: Watsonia Posted 11/12/08 09:59 PM Posted 11/12/08 09:59 PM sorry for the late reply guys, I went in for a service about a month ago and there was no update available for the iPod touch or the iPhone (bluetooth).However on a different note I must admit that Courtney and Patterson in Heidelberg did a really good job at first service, all my mediocre concerns were fixed without any question. They have improved there service dramatically in previous yearshey in one of the other posts mjh pointed out there is an ipod update and the iphone is supported, I rang the dealer and getting the update on tuesday, I'll let you know what its like.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now