iridescentpink Member 2 Member For: 17y 11m 8d Posted 25/01/09 12:30 PM Posted 25/01/09 12:30 PM hi, my ipod has stopped working!!! has worked perfectly for 3 months now nothing???? everytime I plug it in it pauses on the ipod and car does not recognise that I have plugged it in nothing?? tried another ipod and it plays through speakers but car does not recognise that I have plugged an ipod in can only operate it through the ipod itself..... any ideas?????
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 25/01/09 01:25 PM Posted 25/01/09 01:25 PM If only there was a quick easy way to scroll through 120GB worth of Albums.Have the 120GB I-Pod classic also. Know what you mean if you're searching through Albums, painful... I just leave it on "Random" lol, hope for something good to come up. Meh, have a good run, have a bad one....lol.As for the I-pod freezing when you connect it, I think it did happen once, next time I was in the car, all AOK again.My I-Pod did stuff up. You could navigate through the songs but nothing would play, I drained it, thinking once recharged and re-synced, it would be fine, ermm, nope. remembered the combination to reset the I-Pod by pressing and holding the centre button and the "Menu" button together until you see the apple logo appear. It worked. Handy trick.
iridescentpink Member 2 Member For: 17y 11m 8d Posted 27/01/09 09:04 AM Posted 27/01/09 09:04 AM hi just thought that I would let you all know that after having dramas with my ipod suddenly not working/being recognised, I unplugged the battery and tried again and hey presto all is working again. I am taking the car to the service department tommorrow as it is booked in and will be quizzing them about this. so if ipod is not functioning in your car properly try this!
timmy Massive Tool Legacy Donating Member 567 Member For: 18y 19d Gender: Male Posted 27/01/09 12:11 PM Posted 27/01/09 12:11 PM I find myself unknowingly warming the car up every time when I have unplugged the said ipod and am searching for something to listen to!Touch wheel on said ipod will scroll so much quickerwhen will fraud fix this issuewhoever instigated the ipod intergration has never had an ipod!!!
timbos99 Member 300 Member For: 17y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 28/01/09 09:50 AM Posted 28/01/09 09:50 AM remembered the combination to reset the I-Pod by pressing and holding the centre button and the "Menu" button together until you see the apple logo appear. It worked. Handy trick.thanks heaps, I was reading this just last night, and today I had my first freeze.... did this an hey presto, all good!! Talk about timely.As for the scroll issue, it sucks ass. But easy solution with the big capacity ipods, Lots of playlists! I have made about 30 with all sorts of mixes. I then change them regularly.
Velvet Sledgehammer Member 3 Member For: 17y 8m 2d Posted 30/01/09 11:03 AM Posted 30/01/09 11:03 AM Can't use the Ipod Nano 4th Gen with the car's controls. It plays music etc, but you can't browse and select from the screen menus. Comes up on the screen saying "Not Compatable". Anyone having same issues?
NateXR6T Member 46 Member For: 21y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Queensland Posted 30/01/09 09:46 PM Posted 30/01/09 09:46 PM I have a gen 4 Ipod Nano and it works fine in the FG. Some people seem to have troubles and some don't. There is a thread on this topic somewhere
timbos99 Member 300 Member For: 17y 10m 28d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 01/02/09 01:21 AM Posted 01/02/09 01:21 AM have a browse through the audio area... there are updates available.
mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/02/09 08:36 AM Posted 03/02/09 08:36 AM If it is not working, take the car to the dealer and get them to update the software.This happened with mine and once the update was completed it worked perfectly.
Velvet Sledgehammer Member 3 Member For: 17y 8m 2d Posted 04/02/09 01:30 PM Posted 04/02/09 01:30 PM Thanks guys. Car is in for the 3k inspection nxt wk. Will get it checked and post details.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now