Jump to content

timbos99

Member
  • Posts

    300
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by timbos99

  1. Thanks a lot for the replies. I'll check out the audison processor. Man it's annoying that they settle for such rubbish. They go to all the trouble of a an integrated unit with voice control and all sorts of sh*t, when a cheap aftermarket unit will trump it in sound. Car manufacturers really need to pull their heads out of their arses.
  2. Anyone else noticed that the sound is rubbish in the new model? Not sure what the cause is but it's enough that I'm hunting around for info and not finding much, may have to take it to a professional for once! No doubt speakers, amp and sound deadening will improve it. However actual source seems crap and the sync 2 head unit offers little adjustment - there is no EQ like in the FG ICC. So I think it will need more to get the the FGX sound up and running... Can anyone with more knowledge shed any light on options? Stuff like DAC's or signal processors?
  3. timbos99

    Fgx G6Et

    Traded my the black 2008 G6ET on a white 2015 black interior. Picked it up today - all shiny and smells purty... Pros it's new! So everything feels nice and tight and clean More power, as the other was getting a little long in the tooth Sync 2 is cool. Lots of stuff to play with All the roof lining is black = no marks! Cons Higher seating position - I thought the old one was high! Sync interface seems limited for car control functions. Can't change lots of things like you could in the old. Alarm beep. Can't seem to be turned off via ICC. And as
  4. Happy Birthday timbos99!

  5. ahhhh yeah - missed that reference. Just thought you loved steak! No same size - smack bang on-top of the ford badge.
  6. eh?? hogs breath... sure whatever floats your boat lots of people have put FPV badges on, which opens up its own avenue for roof rocking. I just got black badges as I have black car.
  7. Depends on the year I guess. As mine was in the first batch I've had electrical faults - haha try finding them on a 'look over'... Look for the screen to reset or flash. See if pre-set seat positions work. See if auto mirror dip works. Both these control modules have failed on mine. Creaky aircon. On a hot day on 'auto' listen for lots of noises. Slowly developed and no fix from Ford so-far. Leaky aircon - hot day feel the carpet up beside drivers foot area for dampness. Common problem and easy fix from Ford. Outside temp, known to be hit an miss. Mines been replaced several times - latest is spot on. Gearbox clunk, apparently an issue a few ZF's have had. Easy enough to find, mine is when auto shifts 2nd to 1st while under slight load, such as pulling up to drive slowly up a driveway. Could trial on a hill. Fords 'fix' was a sh*tty, slow shifting tune. There's a couple of the things I can think of...
  8. Look sh*te with nothing there - I put a different badge straight over the top. You can get some custom made easy enough.
  9. What Tab said is true but a bastardised version can be jigged up with this cable; http://cablejive.com/universal_dock_adapter.html
  10. looks good as it is. However I did see one ages ago with the grill cut out and I tossed up the idea of F6 bumper for awhile. Spoke about it here
  11. I had to use the spare on the weekend and it is a larger rolling diameter, as soon as car is started ABS and DSC fault lights came on... didn't seem right?
  12. Pics pulled from my thread clicky Sunroof goes straight through a support - apparently makes it stronger as the sunroof frame is larger and stronger than the support it cuts. Don't know, was done a week old so don't have much to compare too.
  13. No brought outside of ebay so that's why I'm going through department of fair trading. No resolution yet and Advance Tyres continue to ignore the problem. Haha I don't doubt it, seeing their general business practices with grievance procedures I bet they love cash sales. They're dodgy, but hey if you get what you want for a better price, great.
  14. Now up to about 10 phone calls to Advance Tyres, been calling couple of times a day and still waiting for the 'manager' to get back to me nearly a week later... Just gave them til lunch to reply or its forwarded to Office of fair trading as a breech of the consumer goods guarantee. So I personally wouldn't be using them.
  15. I've been thinking about this lately as I had a service at a mechanics and he told me to do the 'handbook service' and keep Ford happy with engine warranty he would use the oil specified in the handbook (he said it was pretty sh*t), not a good synthetic oil as I had first requested?? But then again I suppose what mechanic uses makes little difference to warranty anyway as I change it inbetween services using magnatec. After reading the oil thread (what a read!) thought that would suit my needs. I'm still kinda confused as to why Ford would care about a better oil being used, or if this was BS.
  16. yep on ebay - advancetyres2008
  17. Advance Tyres 117 Brunley St Richmond. Nothing but a around, overcharged for postage, slow delivery, missing stuff and different tyres to advertised. The tyres even sound really sh*t 'Mayrun' - what off the road and kill you?? I was told they would be Rotalla tyres, which are cheap, but there is some ok reviews of them around. Mayrun on the other hand?? Can't find much. Called twice this morning, have to wait for the manager to get back me...
  18. don't ask... brought interstate only arrived today (week later than stated) missing a centre cap and with different tyres than advertised muppets, can't wait to call them tomorrow.
  19. I just got new mags but no wheel nuts. Have tried using standard wheel nuts but the nuts only just fit inside the nut recess so I can't get the brace in there to tighten them. Is it as simple as getting smaller wheel nuts?
  20. that's the pic the chop came from
  21. Chop of the choppers Gmax's can be had for about $1400 with tyres from fleabay, they would be sh*t tyres but I have read some internet reviews from owners saying their alright I'm going for a 19 as I prefer the ride quality vs the looks and the costs of replacing tyres is easier to handle when I last looked (couple of yrs ago) at the difference between 18/19/20 tyres there was big difference.
  22. I have used something like this with decent result; ebay linky So its a "TV Multi Media Player USB HDD/SD/MMC RM RMVB AVI BOX" that supports DC power. Put your stuff on usb or SD card, their really small so doesn't really mater where you put it, mine was in centre consol. Can't give any help with hacking the iic audio, but I ran my white and red plug to 3.5 jack adapter and ran it to the aux input in-front of the shifter.
  23. Can't disable but if its open (in any position) and you press any button within a couple of seconds of turning car off it will stay in that position.
  24. Been photochopin new mags on as I'm in the market, however it never looks the same as the real thing, so I figured show-off what you got. What I'd really like to see pics of on a G6E; Dark argents Silver colour argents Otherwise anything you have, other ones I'm thinking are 50th anniversary 19's (got plenty of pics) or something similar in a machine finish like pic below put this in G6E section as us bowlers have different style considerations to those boys racers Some images after trawling the intraweb photochop of the gmax's. I quite like these for a cheap wheel
  25. I remember ages ago reading about different motor internals, compression, tune and all sorts of little differences that make fitting your own turbo not worth the effort. You could do what lots of kids in executive HSV's or futura XR's do and just put the kit, a spoiler and a badge on - fully sic
×
×
  • Create New...