timbos99
Member-
Posts
300 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by timbos99
-
ok so I lined up the replacement tweeters vs the factory in the existing wiring an the new ones shat on the old, so I ripped out the old and mounted new in their place. I have spent today putting in the splits an sound deadening the doors - and I can't really hear much difference
-
The question now is.... what are you going to do with the 1 & 2 button!?!? you now have an extra 2 buttons
-
The security is pretty good unless they have your keys which is where a coded immobiliser comes in. I had one in my old car which was great and saved it from theft when a holiday unit was broken into while we slept. Along with everything else my keys taken, however couldn't start the car as they didn't know the code. I still have it as I removed it before selling but it doesn't work with the CANBUS electrical system in fords. The one in the link will work with CANBUS system. coded immobiliser
-
Also have now pulled out the front speakers and the factory tweeters still run. Cranked the music up as loud as the new rears could handle an the tweeters still sounded fine.
-
what about tweeter placement is the A pillar best? it seems the most common, however I kept reading stuff about keeping it in-line with the mid? Again I'm just guessing the mid is the speaker...
-
interesting, with both sunroofs I've had the manual button opens to full (either direction) with a single push... they also do what you've described if held down.
-
I did do a search prior and read that post. However everything talks of replacing them. As you can see in the picture there is some sort of ?filter? on the tweeter itself - so I'm guessing it runs independent... I was considering flush mounting the tweeter beside the speaker on the door panel, that way I don't have to pull apart the dash and run wires from the door to the dash?? Some stuff I've read on audio forums recommends mounting tweeters level with the mids (is this the speaker?) and not on A pillar, does this sound right?
-
Most of your perception of temperature comes from the air blowing on you.
-
Thanks to Jizza for the kick in the ass to replace the factory speakers. Now I got a couple of questions - with premium sound it has tweeters in the A pillar. should I replace the front with splits and if so should I remove the pillar tweeters or just leave them there and put the split tweeters else where? The factory tweeters appear to run separate to the front speakers??
-
Doesn't pressing the manual slider button once either open it to full tilt or slide full open? if so then why set 1/2 to this again... I find the quietest tilt when driving is 2 steps down from full tilt so this is what I set 1. I then set the lowest tilt for number 2 for when I park, as its low enough that you can't easily get your fingers under to rip it open.
-
Fg Interior Overhead Lights - How To Remove Cover?
timbos99 replied to yeec's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
What he said with a pic... Small flat head on the inside edge of the clear plastic - pops out -
sh*t $100 a metre, how wide is the roll? Does look tidy but I was getting frustrated just looking at the pics of him putting it on. I have done 25mx1m vinyl sticker across our window at work an it was a headache... that's on flat glass!
-
Nice work... what sort of beer should I buy for when you come over to do mine One a serious note, I picked up a little dremmel type thingo for $49 full kit of stuff at bunnings on the weekend, it even has a 3yr warranty. Won't be as nice as a dremmel, but for that price?? I'm itching to test it out, been looking around the house at things that need trimming
-
no that's not normal, I've had 2 now an both been the same. One push > and it will tilt open all the way, when tilted one push < will close all the way. Hold < when fully tilted an it will do the increment thing. If its original control it should also have 123 for saved positions. Take the fuse out for 2 mins an the controller will reset an should retrain itself when restarted, if not it can be forced to retrain, forget how. few minutes to late what he said up there....
-
I'm sure they would happily tackle Stone chips. For big scratches or marks 'touchup guys' work best on plastic panels. Metal they will do but recommend panel beaters instead as they need larger blend ins and as their mobile equipment is smaller and can't handle it. If you do it yourself a tip for applying touchup paint is clean the chip well, no rust, then use a fine piece of wire to dip into the paint and slowly fill the hole til level.
-
I'll give you one of my favourite sayings - "screw it, just do it!" you can talk and think about it forever of you just get in there, be the next FG yourself. As long as they use a material that matches in colour everything else will be fine... just bite the bullet
-
yeah shuts fine, no gap. The only beifit of non-sunnies light is where the switch is mounted looks better. I do get a rattle from my sunroof so maybe the brace would've stopped this. The guy who fitted it has adjusted several times and it stops for awhile, but eventually comes back, however I do live on/drive on Brisbane's sh*tty inner city roads.
-
you can't really tell just from the pics as from the other pic the angle changes everything... in this one it looks further forward It isn't from prestige but they all use standard placement measurements.
-
Hard to say, haven't seen yours measure the distance from the windscreen then we'll know
-
Had mine about nearly yr & half ago by East Coast Sunroofs in QLD with beige switch at no extra cost Rolled edge isn't worth the hassle, don't even notice the seal on mine as cars black. An incorrectly adjusted roof is what makes the noise not the seal. No extra brace needs to be added, not sure why some do that?? the sunroof makes the roof stronger apparently? Oh an in the FG sunnies holder fits don't have to ditch it for standard light... sunroof pics on Aus ford
-
I've got friend who's a sniper, said you can only get 10 to 15 shots from the 50 cal til you end up with black eyes from the percussion!?!?
-
Couldn't agree more, 300's are awesome Just be smart in what you do, I've been riding consistently 15+yrs now an the only times I've hurt myself is when I've pushed it too hard too soon or done something stupid, which I knew was dumb when I though "I can do/hit/jump/rail/gap/roost that" then it turns real quick...
-
Don't dis the Suzuki 4x4 their awesome little things, I own 2 and I love lime...
-
Funny I saw this listing on ebay previously and was really confused about the retarded picture for selling a $4500 item... 1 sh*tty picture (no fault of the kids its now being regarded as sh*tty - even if he is kinda ugly) WTF. Maybe the guy has a great sense of humor an is now just fukin with you now. How many bikies drive 1.3ltr tintop Sierras?!? Reply an say 'lighten up buddy, I just wanted the kid, not your car....'
-
about $60 I think, did it a few weeks ago so memory is a little hazy... easy to do, you would only need 1min alone with their boot open
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.