Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 15/04/08 04:50 AM Posted 15/04/08 04:50 AM Your never going to get CD quality through a 3mm jack.....You just arnt pushing hard enough then!Burn the same tracks to a disc and play them against the sound coming from the MP3 player and you'll notice the difference straight away.....oh hang on the Fords dont play MP3 discs do they.... :gunsfiring: In any case......Your never going to get CD quality through a 3mm jack.....
John K Member 141 Member For: 18y 8m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 15/04/08 06:13 AM Posted 15/04/08 06:13 AM In any case......Your never going to get CD quality through a 3mm jack.....A friend proved to me that using an iPod as a source is not a handicap - they sound extremely good, even in a pretty good sounding $20K home system. He loaded the iPod with uncompressed tracks (not MP3s) and plugged it into his HT system via 3mm jack. It sounded fantastic - the same or better than playing the original CD on his CD player.The quality of the MP3s is the biggest issue. I rip mine at the highest res available in the iTunes settings. Most that are done by others and "shared" are not. I think that is the source of the perception that iPods sound like rubbish.
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/04/08 06:23 AM Posted 15/04/08 06:23 AM I'm going to do this as I'm sick of my POS ford 6 stacker not playing burnt cd's
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/04/08 06:53 AM Posted 15/04/08 06:53 AM Seriously? Never had a problem with mine, and that's with those burnt on full speed too
RUS531 RUS531 Legacy Donating Member 410 Member For: 20y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Emerald QLD Posted 15/04/08 08:43 AM Posted 15/04/08 08:43 AM (edited) as stated in other posts. I made a "un-amplified" input for my I pod for about 5 bucks useing stuff from dicksmith...and I get no humming noise at any volume, with or without a charger plugged in. My secret... shielded four core cable.I'm very picking on sound quality and I agree with dags, its not as good as a CD can be but its dam close.also volume is great, quite loud. I use a 6oGb ipod video Edited 15/04/08 08:44 AM by RUS531
Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/04/08 08:45 AM Posted 15/04/08 08:45 AM Yeah I'm going to do it too, sick of burning new cd's every month when I get sick of the other ones. I hope it doesn't whine though! To be continued...
Chipa Member 6 Member For: 19y 3m 26d Location: Albury, NSW Posted 17/04/08 03:55 AM Posted 17/04/08 03:55 AM In any case......Your never going to get CD quality through a 3mm jack.....Complete rubbish. A 3.5mm plug will easily carry CD quailty sound. The IPOD on the other hand will almost never send CD quality. Noticing the difference comes down to the quality level of compression, the type of music, speakers and most of all, your ears.
sicklaser Member 183 Member For: 20y 22d Location: Mackay QLD Posted 21/04/08 03:41 AM Posted 21/04/08 03:41 AM Your ipod should be at full volume.If the Aux is then noticably louder than factory CD (with the ipod at full volume) then there are some variable resistors (or gain controls) inside the Ford Aux input box. If these are turned up to high it make the ipod louder than the CD. PLUS these gains st to high are the main contributer to the whine some people get.
Gymy Member 18 Member For: 18y 3m 27d Gender: Male Location: Watsonia, VIC Posted 17/06/08 03:02 AM Posted 17/06/08 03:02 AM (edited) I set up my own aux input for no cost and there is no whine. (volume is about 1 or 2 less than CD)All you need:3mm plug to rca cable (I had 1 spare at home)5 Male Spade terminals (may need to be cut with side cutters if they're too big)about 2 inch's of speaker wire.Then what you do:Strip the rca ends of the cable (being careful not to cut the shield wire around the inner wire)Crimp a spade terminal on to each channel. (Left and Right)Then twist the two shield wires together and crimp a terminal on that aswell. (Shield)Then on each end of the speaker wire crimp a terminal. (Sense & Ground)From there you simply plug the terminals into the aux plug (behind the fuse box)I have attached a poorly drawn diagram of what the plug's layout is.Because both left and right are sheilded individually the sound is fine.If you need any help on this PM me and ill get back to you as soon as I can Edited 17/06/08 03:04 AM by Gymy
kadafi Member 2 Member For: 19y 5m Posted 19/06/08 02:37 AM Posted 19/06/08 02:37 AM Any chance you can put a picture of the completed wire up as well, im having trouble picturing it from your directions!Cheers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now