Achilles Atr Sport 2

Bellato

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 1d

Mine are for the front of a VE commodore. 275 on all my rears, may try these next. With 400rwkw I spray most tyres all over the road anyrate.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 6d

I am getting ATR Sport 2 with my wheels that are on order so should be able to give some feedback on general noise and grip levels. Don't drive the car hard or have huge power so my experiance may differ to those running big numbers.

Current 19" OEM Dunlops are pretty noisy IMO.

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 29d

Well I have had the ATR Sport 2 (245/35R19) on the rears only for two weeks and I have been very happy.

I know that they are not the dunlop sport maxx, but at least with the ATR Sport 2 I get good feedback and I know when they are going to let go and start skidding.

I was out on Monday evening and I wanted to test the launch control in the rain and I was bloody impressed.

The ATR Sports did not let go at all, only in third did they start to let go a tad.

They seem to be a bit quieter than the dunlop sports that I still have on the fronts.

The only issue I have with the ATR sports is that when I give the car stick going around a corner, they let go a lot sooner than the dunlops did and that is quite scary when you not expecting it.

I got mine for $169 fitted from tyre power in midland.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 9d

Mine are for the front of a VE commodore. 275 on all my rears, may try these next. With 400rwkw I spray most tyres all over the road anyrate.

Off topic but Im currently considering federal 595 evo's vs invo's in terms of value for money in 275's to hold 300rwkw. Thoughts?

Well I have had the ATR Sport 2 (245/35R19) on the rears only for two weeks and I have been very happy.

I know that they are not the dunlop sport maxx, but at least with the ATR Sport 2 I get good feedback and I know when they are going to let go and start skidding.

I was out on Monday evening and I wanted to test the launch control in the rain and I was bloody impressed.

The ATR Sports did not let go at all, only in third did they start to let go a tad.

They seem to be a bit quieter than the dunlop sports that I still have on the fronts.

The only issue I have with the ATR sports is that when I give the car stick going around a corner, they let go a lot sooner than the dunlops did and that is quite scary when you not expecting it.

I got mine for $169 fitted from tyre power in midland.

Yea they are fairly quiet and the wet isn't too bad. Not sure how you only started spinning in 3rd? Most start to finally hook up in third

As for losing grip in corners well my 265 dunlop sport max gt's which are over $500 a pop do that! I don't rate them at all unless they have plenty of heat.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 4d

I've always had trouble with powering down while cornering, so used to it now that if I feel like a bit of a laugh on the last few turns from home (quiet country roads) I'll look forward to it. Can end up a bit TOO fun though!

PS Arron no I use them for my ride on mower, hahaha.

• 10 months later...
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 4d

Looking like getting these from Tyrepower Midland WA

255 35 18 189inc GST
245 40 18 179inc GST

Pretty cheap (fitted and balanced)! Just waiting on them to tell me how old the tyres are before they order them in...

Honourable mention to ITP tyres as well for the 245s

245 40 18 148.50inc GST but I don't think that's fitted and balanced. Were about $200 for the 255s.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Member For: 11y 2m 2d

^nice price. Let us know how they go in the wet. My current "nankangs" are awful, to the point where I won't let me wife drive my car in the wet cos it goes sideways at ANY amount of throttle around a corner :/

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 5d

Steve got godawful TRI-ACE Carrera's on the phoon wheels he bought from me, He's one upped me tho, The 17's he gave me have some woeful chinese crap tyres.

A stock car should not be able to turn the tyres in 3rd in the wet. But mine can!

#liquidhorsepower

• Like 2

• Member For: 10y 5m 8d

Nexen N6000's have got to be some of the best value for money tyres going. 160 each fitted for 19x245x35s. Ive had 2 sets of rears and 1 set of fronts. Grip is excellent for 2/3 of their life then they turn to liquidhorsepower for the rest as described above.

Which is fine by me.

Edited by barnz