Boogtonic Member 76 Member For: 15y 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/08/12 08:30 PM Posted 16/08/12 08:30 PM Yep, cant have batteries in the cabin.Even the sealed odyssey gel batteries?
MX Dave Legacy Donating Member 545 Member For: 15y 5m 23d Gender: Male Posted 16/08/12 11:21 PM Posted 16/08/12 11:21 PM Expensive Daewoo VE utes have batteries in the cabin from factory 1
HIRO F6 Member 1,817 Member For: 17y 8m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 16/08/12 11:26 PM Posted 16/08/12 11:26 PM Im running a dry cell battery inside the cabin of my ute. Behind the passengers seat.
Bellato Legacy Donating Member 2,713 Member For: 15y 11m 9d Posted 16/08/12 11:45 PM Posted 16/08/12 11:45 PM ow ok I spoke to the roadworthy guy at work and he said it was fine but there u go and about the valve springs and injectors any info ?Injectors depends on what power you want? if your not going to do any turbo mods then Siemens 60lb Dekkas should do, but if your looking for more power down the track go with 80lb dekkas or id1000's.As for valve springs I think you'll definitely need them being a BA. I think Nizpro have good springs, otherwise most use crows.Ps on a side note, being a BA you have weaker rods so its a bit of a ticking timebomb on your bottom end with big power, as well as the gearbox
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 17/08/12 12:56 AM Posted 17/08/12 12:56 AM I've had two PW battery relo kits, both have arrived with the wrong terminals
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/08/12 01:05 AM Posted 17/08/12 01:05 AM I'd go the id1000's.My brothers battery is in a bracket we made up under the rear tub. Theres an active and earth term. under the bonnet though for easy access to jump start.
citric_XR6Turbo Member 29 Member For: 14y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Bacchus Marsh , Melbourne Posted 17/08/12 07:02 AM Author Posted 17/08/12 07:02 AM Injectors depends on what power you want? if your not going to do any turbo mods then Siemens 60lb Dekkas should do, but if your looking for more power down the track go with 80lb dekkas or id1000's.As for valve springs I think you'll definitely need them being a BA. I think Nizpro have good springs, otherwise most use crows.Ps on a side note, being a BA you have weaker rods so its a bit of a ticking timebomb on your bottom end with big power, as well as the gearboxYer I know they have a week bottom end when it blows up il just go bigger and better but untill then just have some fun and with the valve springs has any one bought them from crow or nizpro just so I know im buying good springs not sh*t ones that will cause problems later on when tuning
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 17/08/12 07:41 AM Posted 17/08/12 07:41 AM Go with crow and retainers 1
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/08/12 10:01 AM Posted 17/08/12 10:01 AM (edited) Have you thought about getting your turbo wastegate modded with the bigger flapper and actuator?Should make some easy power with your mods mate.What boost are you planning on running?I have been running 19lb for a while on eflex.... Soon to push 20 on e85 with the bigger squarters.Go the skinny rods :pickeat:If your going to push over 300ish I reckon be aware that you could have a small tragedy on your hands.. gives you an excuse to go bigger and better though.Who's going to tune your car? Edited 17/08/12 10:06 AM by Kroozin
citric_XR6Turbo Member 29 Member For: 14y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: Bacchus Marsh , Melbourne Posted 17/08/12 11:33 AM Author Posted 17/08/12 11:33 AM Have you thought about getting your turbo wastegate modded with the bigger flapper and actuator?Should make some easy power with your mods mate.What boost are you planning on running?I have been running 19lb for a while on eflex.... Soon to push 20 on e85 with the bigger squarters.Go the skinny rods :pickeat:If your going to push over 300ish I reckon be aware that you could have a small tragedy on your hands.. gives you an excuse to go bigger and better though.Who's going to tune your car?when I brought the process west stuff he thew in a 12psi actuator and what do you mean by modded bigger flapper ?.and I don't know how much to run prob 12-14 psi I was thinking but il let the tuner go thew every thing and see how it goes .My fathers mate has is own shop (CK automotive) at Maribyrnong in Victoria and he tunes VL turbos and Xr turbos so im just going to go to him and see how it does on the dyno I guess
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now