What Made You Feel Good Today

Ralph Wiggum

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 26d
12 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

I paid $1.19 on Saturday for 98 at the same servo.

91 octane varies from $1.05/L to $1.35/L lately in S.A. 

We generally add 15 cents/L for 98.

I pay $1:50 for 98 here in Cairns.

we get totally ripped being a "regional" town

the toothless organisation called the  ACCC surveyed our prices up here and made the ludicrous statement that the signage for cheep fuel needed to be bigger so the punters could identify the cheep places to go.

HELLO, there aren't any cheep places to go, there is NO competition up here cos BP is THE fuel distributor here.

there is one servo that has cheeper fuel, and its on the road between Cairns and Mareeba, regularly 5 cents cheaper so the punters will stop there instead of fuelling up in Cairns or Mareeba 

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m 1d

WMMFGT:

On the Tassie cruise I was able to score 3 stone chips in my windscreen (first time in over a decade I've gotten 1 - managed to get 3 within 2 days)

First one was from Keith

Second from a motorbike we were overtaking

Third (and best - middle of line of sight) from courtesy of Gary.

Just confirmed with insurance - I get a free windscreen each year. Guy is coming Friday to replace.

Nothing looks better than new glass to look through :)

• Like 5

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

I led most of the time... setting the pace with the least amount of power (250rwkw of tune only fury vs Gary's ~300rwkw tune-only F6 vs Rab's ~320rwkw on the gas tune & ~280kW on petrol tune) and the worst suspension/brakes setup (stock BA XR6T brakes/suspension vs Gary's stock FG F6 suspension/brakes vs Rab's shockworks & harrop brakes setup).

I kept them honest as good as I could with a silly undecided 4 speed automatic that really doesn't listen all of the time when using manual mode :spoton:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

haha, never got left behind, either :spoton: (it's easier to keep up because you've got the advantage of using the whole road in a lot of circumstances that are just too unsafe to do so as the leader)

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m 1d

It was a nice pace all round - we even got close to the speed limit in a few areas  - I had a passenger so was happy to sit, chill and chat 

Am more than happy to let someone else go first around blind single lane reducing radius corners in the rain where there's no idea of oncoming traffic

That said - all three of us took our turns at the front, back and middle - usually decided on where Gary wanted us for the GoPro footage ;)

Keith was happy to be in the front - otherwise me or Gary might see a turn off for a waterfall, landscape or old bridge that we'd decide to pull over for.

• Like 1