discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 19/08/13 05:16 AM Posted 19/08/13 05:16 AM U lost the ncw as soon as u flashed tuned man might as well go all out nowThis! They love to inspect ECUs these days and read the flash increment counter/check the software version against national workshop records.Enjoy the feeling of freedom now - mods here you come!
sapy44 Member 5 Member For: 13y 1m 15d Gender: Male Posted 21/08/13 09:39 AM Posted 21/08/13 09:39 AM Well cheers for the input everyone...looks like new car warranty is up sh*t creek lolI didnt buy off ebay, got it custom tuned to the car thank god now after hearing that.I may as well go all out now thenDo it all
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 21/08/13 08:00 PM Posted 21/08/13 08:00 PM Now that your car warranty is gone sapy don't hold back on the mods
Doddo22 Member 135 Member For: 13y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 03/09/13 01:56 AM Posted 03/09/13 01:56 AM Hi guys recently just bought a second hand ba mk11 and pretty keen to get into some mods haha, Car has already had a few things done to it in the way of guages, muffler removed, turbo timer etc. not 100% sure if has been tuned as at full boost it indicates around 10psi so issume that it has.I live near sydney so I am probably leaning toward autotech to do the tuning etc based on the good reports I have read about them on hereI want to install new injectors, intercooler, cold air intake maybe even some valve springsdo I need to get a flash tuner for autotech to tune it or can they just load the tune straight into the carI am willing to install the parts myself but is it risky driving the car once all this has been installed without a tuneany tips/tricks on the best ways to use this site would be really appreciated as wellThanks guys
SamBoRG New Member 13 Member For: 13y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/09/13 06:07 AM Posted 06/09/13 06:07 AM Hello guys,I've made a few posts on these forums before, when I was still looking to purchase a car, but never introduced myself.I purchased a 2004 XR6T last weekend and I've been loving it! It's completely stock (apart from the rims) and only has 126xxx KM on it. The interior was clean as... I'm actually still shocked at just how clean the whole car is, both inside and out.Unlike most people that I've seen on these forums, I'm not looking to boost the performance of the car at all. I am happy with the performance, plus I'm a little scared at just how much petrol it goes through and would hate to imagine just how much a modified one would guzzle!Until now I've been a Nissan man all my life. My previous ride was a 1990 Nissan Silvia with 168kw at the rear wheels. May not sound like much, but for a car of that size and weight it was pretty awesome, without costing a fortune to work on or run.I live in Sydney. I guess the first thing I'll be doing to the car will be to install a separate cooler for the gearbox. I saw there was a guide on how to do this so I'll give it a go once I purchase the kit.Cheers,Sam
PSI O6T Legacy Donating Member 440 Member For: 14y 20d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 07/09/13 03:13 AM Posted 07/09/13 03:13 AM welcome sam, my car has actually using 3 lt per 100klm less fuel after a tune as the factory tune is very forgiving .
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 09/09/13 09:51 PM Posted 09/09/13 09:51 PM G'day all,Stumbled on this site a few years ago when I was thinking about buying a BA turbs so started doing some reading but never actually got around to buying a car. Well, I recently purchased a 2010 FG XR6T 50th Anniversary manual with 40,000kms on the clock. Has been one owner since new and he's fitted a "sports exhaust" to it (not sure which one at this stage, I only got the car the night before I had to fly up to site) a growler CAI and lowered it 1inch all round, but it hasn't been tuned yet. Keen to get into some mods. Literally only driven the car once since taking ownership (admittedly that one drive lasted most of the night haha) and have already ordered a Mal Woods short throw shifter and am looking into ordering some Mainlube gearbox oil to add in when installing the shifter. According to those who have done this it seems to make the gearbox feel much nicer than stock. First round of mods will probably be valve springs, injectors, cooler and a tune.Loving the car though, first performance car I've owned so it's nice to drive something exciting 1
_Velocity_ Legacy Donating Member 2,768 Member For: 15y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 10/09/13 07:54 AM Posted 10/09/13 07:54 AM Welcome! Nice choice of car too!
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 10/09/13 08:54 AM Posted 10/09/13 08:54 AM
.Stripes. All stock bar the k&n panel filter Legacy Donating Member 8,061 Member For: 14y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/09/13 02:12 PM Posted 10/09/13 02:12 PM Cheers guys Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now