Jump to content

New Members Thread


How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,887 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Hi everybody. Short time lurker, first time poster. Found this place via Ford Forums. I have just traded the old AU Forte on a 2008 FG XR6T. At first it was going to be a LS430. Then a BF LTD. Then a BF XR8. And finally, a red 08 xr6t. Red's not really my thing but the price was right, one owner, 56000 kms. Soon I'll be visiting Bruce Heinrich for a xcal3, custom tune and a hiflow cat.

Thanks to all the forum's contributors. For mechanical ignorami like myself, the technical info is very valuable.

  • New Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 21d
Posted

Hi guys I have crossed to the darkside and traded my VY SS for a XR6 turbo ute 2007 By craig Lowndes picking it up Monday so Il post some pics then

I have owned 2 fords previously a XB GS coupe with 302 and c4 top loader and a ef Futura.

It has 40 thousand ks on the clock and as it came from factory with hard lid and what not

Im sure ill have heaps of questions and stuff in the very near future, my brother should be happy being a ford man his entire life

:)

:sungum:

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 13d
Posted (edited)

Just wanted to say hello. Sold my SV6 Late model camira and bought a 6 month old FG XR6 turbo in white. Must say, it has punch compared to the commodore! Needless to say I will soon begin tinkering with it.

Just wondering if anyone knows any good place to start looking at sound systems upgrades. Not looking to replace my back seat with a rows of speakers or anything crazy, but an upgrade would be nice.

Also, I can't help but fiddle with the interior of my cars. What can I say, I am a girl and I like things to look pretty! So any links to modifying the interior would be much appreciated! My Late model camira had LED's, morphing colour needles and I removed the stock handles,dash, steering spokes etc, etc, and made them all match in silver. I've done a quick search but haven't found much... yet...

So hello! Let the modifications begin... :)

P.S. stupid facebook. It set my profile pic from a random photo I took of my cat. Must change that...

Edited by silversea
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

hey everyone, short time lurker first time poster. just been approved for some modest money to buy a 2nd hand XR6T. I've done quite a bit of reading the past few weeks and it seems that the BFII is the one to go for I just hope my budget allows.

just a few questions prior to searching im curious about. I am leaning toward the 6sp manual as all my cars in the past have been auto's and ive always wished I owned a manual. how much power above stock can the stock clutch handle before it's required to be upgraded? the power figure I have in my mind is fairly modest as I'll be coming from a 2000 auto Magna that has about as much go as a 4 banger atm. the number im thinking is around 270-280 at the wheels which I think is plenty for the moment.

I look forward to officially becoming a member of the club as ive been a lover of the XR6T since they came out but only just been able to work my way into a situation to be able to afford one. thanks in advance :) oh and my name is Michael

Edited by broke
  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

The stock bf2 clutch is good for 340-350, which trust me is plenty for the street.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

The stock bf2 clutch is good for 340-350, which trust me is plenty for the street.

so plenty, thanks for the reply Henz :)

  • Member
  • Member For: 16y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

my stock bf1 clutch failed at 285rwkw and my bros twin plate stock typhoon clutch failed at 300 rwkw might have lasted longer with different tune(more boost up top) but I didnt want linear power like a v8 I wanted that crazy midrange that these cars are known for!!

  • Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted

BF2 FTW.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...