Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 15/09/11 03:08 AM Posted 15/09/11 03:08 AM Heading down to Dynomite in the next hour to get my Zf tranny flashed. Will report back tonight on the changes
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 15/09/11 10:21 AM Posted 15/09/11 10:21 AM What changes was he making, settings he's chosen or you've asked for?Owmuchisit?
Robos F6 Legacy Donating Member 407 Member For: 17y 7m 2d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 15/09/11 11:28 AM Author Posted 15/09/11 11:28 AM Ok, first drive out from the tuners I was immediately not impressed. A sharp judd as the car changes gears which is not what im used too. The rest is perfect but im not liking the hard changes on light throttle. Changes are much much faster in light throttle so maybe I have to compromise. Full throttle is very nice and crisp. I'll check in peak hour traffic tomorrow. Might have to turn down the sharpiness if I dont like it.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/09/11 12:03 PM Posted 15/09/11 12:03 PM You shouldn't have to compromise with the ZF mate!
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 15/09/11 12:12 PM Posted 15/09/11 12:12 PM Shouldn't* That doesn't sound to cool, can't it be made smooth in D and sharp in perf/manual? I'm sure I remember reading that. I drive in manual mode all the time though so I'd need it linked to RPM...soft if I shift at low RPM and sharp if I'm getting up it.Will keep an eye on your developments Robo.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/09/11 12:22 PM Posted 15/09/11 12:22 PM Que'...??Don't the ZF's have 11(?) different shift profiles? Steve I would assume shift firmness would be based on multiple factors and perf mode would def be one along with rpm/load/road speed etc etc
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 15/09/11 12:30 PM Posted 15/09/11 12:30 PM (edited) Yeah they are supposed to be smart, and there are a lot of variables in the software...I'd hope it senses commanded throttle, road speed and RPM so it knows what you're up to...lazy or hammering. The whole 200 point scale thing it's got.PS If you edit your post at least edit mine to remove the correction LUKE IS YOUR OVERLORD:/Hey that's not a nice edit either! Edited 15/09/11 12:32 PM by -SteveR-
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 16/09/11 12:28 AM Posted 16/09/11 12:28 AM The ZF has 50 different shift profiles, they are numbered and not labled to what they do and the auto does not report to what profile is being used at what point
spine Legacy Donating Member 642 Member For: 20y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Footscrayastan Posted 16/09/11 06:51 AM Posted 16/09/11 06:51 AM where is headsex and his wealth of knowledge
cobramad Member 824 Member For: 21y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 16/09/11 09:41 AM Posted 16/09/11 09:41 AM I'd least hope that you could have the best of both worlds, smooth, soft shifts when driving gently and a firmer,more positive shift when you're right up it.. Given the sophistication of the trans and its inherent capabilites, this should be approachable I'd imagine?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now