Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 13/05/14 10:44 AM Author Posted 13/05/14 10:44 AM (edited) Scored a donor FG rear housing at the right price - pick up later in the week. Will drop off to get port & flapper done ready to go. MTA 650 fitted on Blue Oval's car getting final tune tomorrow so will see how it comes up. It should make 350rwkw on 98 at around 18psi. Edited 13/05/14 10:46 AM by Bomber 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 13/05/14 10:48 AM Posted 13/05/14 10:48 AM That's not bad mateI'm pretty sure I'm going back to a small turbo It's a daily and I really miss the response 1
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 14/05/14 07:55 AM Author Posted 14/05/14 07:55 AM ^^^ Plenty saying that after going the GTX3582R in particular. You only need to look at the chatter around the Precision 6235 and Borg Warner options. The GTX makes solid numbers but people are moving them on. To be honest, I think a 300rwkw small huffer does have too much bottom end. That said, I don't want to sacrifice too much. Really isn't an easy decision, lol.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 14/05/14 07:58 AM Posted 14/05/14 07:58 AM No it isn't I'll probably stick with my 3540 with a billet wheel as the precision is on par with my one lag wise
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 14/05/14 08:04 AM Posted 14/05/14 08:04 AM And I can't imagine what the gtx3582r is like lag wise as it's a fair bit bigger than mine :/
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 25/05/14 09:15 AM Author Posted 25/05/14 09:15 AM (edited) Progressing finally! Acquired the donor FG housing today and valve springs should arrive mid-week Edited 25/05/14 09:21 AM by Bomber 1
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 25/05/14 09:25 AM Posted 25/05/14 09:25 AM How long now bomber till it's all done
MR_FG_09 Legacy Donating Member 100 Member For: 14y 10m 14d Gender: Male Posted 25/05/14 09:45 AM Posted 25/05/14 09:45 AM Looking forward to seeing which way you go with turbo's mate just starting to get mods sorted for my FG xr6 turboSent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Bomber Carnage on the Garage Floor Legacy Donating Member 3,994 Member For: 16y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 25/05/14 11:16 AM Author Posted 25/05/14 11:16 AM ^^^ too long Waiting on blue oval's final trim with new springs to see how the high flowed little huffer comes out before ultimately deciding. The MTA750 will be basically the same coin and I like that it runs a 7+7 wheel. Why? less boost required to be happy.Not only evident in the GTX3576R but the 11 blade wheel conversion needs boost to be efficient. Given the MTA650 retains its original .50 cover, it will be interesting to see what the AIT's are like. With the PWR cooler, it might be a one trick pony so I want to see back to back data to gauge how repeatable the thing is. I'm also a little concerned that the aggressive whack of torque may actually be harder on the drivetrain. Still aiming for 350rwkw which the 750 will do easy and I suspect with more consistency. Dialled in, it should only be marginally laggier but you get longer legs and not as aggressive torque curve early on. I will be introducing some fart back into the ZF to give me the best possible chance of keeping it happy.
MattyP MattyP Legacy Donating Member 6,317 Member For: 14y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Central Coast Posted 25/05/14 11:22 AM Posted 25/05/14 11:22 AM And the 7 +7 sound the best imoI've got an 11 blade on my 3540 and a .5 cover and spools up really well Not as good as the 3576 but I don't think I'll be going a .7 anytime soon Sometimes bigger isn't always better But your spot on with the the zf thing that's why I didn't step back a size Have you thought about water injection to help with temps?I'm about to put it on my car, even though I have a Pw stage 2 my temps could be lower and also great at suppressing det
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now