In The Club

Bomber

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 8d

Mainly the anti surge housing, although could have got that for extra to be fair, but just thought this was the better fit for what I'm after.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Well...interesting day. Called in to inspect the engine - glad I did. Was pristine looking inside except we suspect its had float for a while. The cams had chatter marks on some lobes, especially the inlet, damaging the hard casing :(

Luckily for me, the boys had a donor set of low klm FG F6 cams so fitted them.

Now, the car had no traditional signs of float except for this. I'd noticed a very slight, occasional ping, which I attributed to fuel variation. Didn't show up on the dyno but I noticed it at the last track day I did - mainly on gear change.

So, if you're running 300+ and value your camshafts and valve train do your springs, do them now! I wish I'd done them a long time ago. Lesson learnt.

Edited by Bomber
  • Like 4

• Donating Members

Plazmaman 4" turbo side and relo fitted tonight. Wow, not for the faith hearted! Very good kit - perfect fit.

• Donating Members

^^ Did the turbo side mainly to make a 4" front connection easier plus the growler element needed a clean, lol. The FG crossover would have supported my intended level of power but I wanted to change it up also. In answering the question, I think you either go a K&N in the standard air box and maybe do the V8 snork thing or letterbox the side if going basic. If wanting to go bigger turbo etc perhaps later then yes, bite the bullet and go turbo side straight off imo.

• Like 2

• Donating Members

Righto, an update of significance - first for a while, lol.

Now, I was set on the 6235 but frankly, too expensive imo. They won't move on price for trade and given the supplied actuator bracket is basically a throw away for FG, I decided against it.

The MTA650 is around my power goal but it's pretty much maxed out at 350rwkw. I just wasn't keen to do a little step and max another turbo but still wanted to keep as much bottom end as possible. So, the winner is, MTA750 but in a .50 cover. The 6+6 billet wheel is happy at moderate boost as opposed to the 11 blade which requires 20psi+ to be really efficient. I'll be running around 15psi. MTA have done this combo before and a car I know in SEQ has it making a solid 450rwkw on E85. Basically, it's billet wheeled high flowed GT3540 in that cover.

To add a bit of bling value, the front cover is being polished also. Including the polishing, complete new turbo with everything supplied including new ported housing with 37mm flapper, 11.80 actuator mounted and set up, boost nipple installed, ready to fit for under what you pay for a 6235 core only. Pretty hard to beat that value.

I'm aiming to install in three weeks. Will be dialling in 500hp. Gotta love these things :)

• Like 3