Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

If you havnt got an iphone , then you havnt got an iphone. The ad goes something like that. My iphone is a torch.

  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 17d
Posted

I have the defy and its great, not as big as the others either. every iphone I see has a broken screen

  • I love gooold member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne (west)
Posted

Uhh then maybe that says more about the people you hang out with/see with iPhones than the phone itself... Just sayin...

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

The Gorrilla Glass in an iphone is very easy to break, We have had 3 in the past 2 months go back for a new screen.

A client managed to break his after only 2 weeks by dropping it 1m onto carpet and smashing the screen, althought I highly doubt such a small drop caused this damage.

The best part is that apple only charge $150 to replace the front/back glass or $250 if the screen itself is broken.

The Nokia N8 has not been well received due to their Symbion OS. Stick to android or iphone.

  • I love gooold member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne (west)
Posted

I have had nothing but Nokias for the last 12 years until now... they used to be the benchmark but now they are rubbish. I had two mates that bought the N8 and both said to me...

df489b7d-52f1-4385-90a2-d0b4e2a51583.jpg

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

I love my 3Gs and cant wait for the iphone 5 to come out. I recently just got myself a new iMac, and using my iphone I can sit on my bed and pretty much use the computer, I can control the computer from pretty much anywhere in the house, for instance I was in the kitchen, had the music blaring on the Mac, the home phone rang, jumped on the iphone and turned it off..

I dont understand why people are saying that the iphones are fragile, ive never heard of anyone cracking a screen after dropping one. Pretty much everyone I know has one too.. A mate threw one at a brick wall and yea that cracked the screen but the phone itself still worked.. I had a battery issue with my 3G iphone, called apple told them about the issue, setup an appointment at my local apple store and walked away with a new phone, no questions asked, there after sales service ive found to be amazing..

The only thing that sh*ts me is the whole syncing to itunes etc..

  • I love gooold member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne (west)
Posted

I've found that those that have cracked screens pretty much crack under circumstances that dare I say it ANY phone would crack.

A phone at the end of the day is a fragile and high-tech piece of machinery. News flash: If you drop it, it will break!

In all my years of Nokias I've never had a cracked screen; is that because they are more durable than an iPhone or because I am careful with my phones?!

:stupid: re iTunes of course!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SE Melbourne
Posted

My iphone4 dropped from my jacket pocket twice with a bit of speed (don't ask) and landed screen down onto the road/gutter twice. did not crack the screen but felt a tiny bubble in the protective film.

When you drop it you are either lucky or unlucky. At least I know I don't have a Friday phone. :P

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 5m 17d
Posted

Uhh then maybe that says more about the people you hang out with/see with iPhones than the phone itself... Just sayin...

well they are all tradies not desk jockies, so might play a part, I carry my defy around all day in my tool belt havent even scratched the screen but that's why I went for the defy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...