arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 18/05/11 05:30 AM Posted 18/05/11 05:30 AM If you havnt got an iphone , then you havnt got an iphone. The ad goes something like that. My iphone is a torch.
helbz Member 176 Member For: 15y 5m 25d Posted 23/05/11 04:45 PM Posted 23/05/11 04:45 PM Is the nokia N8 anygood ?
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 17d Posted 23/05/11 10:39 PM Posted 23/05/11 10:39 PM I have the defy and its great, not as big as the others either. every iphone I see has a broken screen
ronburgundy I love gooold member Legacy Donating Member 1,222 Member For: 17y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne (west) Posted 23/05/11 10:47 PM Posted 23/05/11 10:47 PM Uhh then maybe that says more about the people you hang out with/see with iPhones than the phone itself... Just sayin...
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/05/11 11:19 PM Posted 23/05/11 11:19 PM The Gorrilla Glass in an iphone is very easy to break, We have had 3 in the past 2 months go back for a new screen.A client managed to break his after only 2 weeks by dropping it 1m onto carpet and smashing the screen, althought I highly doubt such a small drop caused this damage.The best part is that apple only charge $150 to replace the front/back glass or $250 if the screen itself is broken.The Nokia N8 has not been well received due to their Symbion OS. Stick to android or iphone.
ronburgundy I love gooold member Legacy Donating Member 1,222 Member For: 17y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne (west) Posted 23/05/11 11:25 PM Posted 23/05/11 11:25 PM I have had nothing but Nokias for the last 12 years until now... they used to be the benchmark but now they are rubbish. I had two mates that bought the N8 and both said to me...
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 23/05/11 11:50 PM Posted 23/05/11 11:50 PM I love my 3Gs and cant wait for the iphone 5 to come out. I recently just got myself a new iMac, and using my iphone I can sit on my bed and pretty much use the computer, I can control the computer from pretty much anywhere in the house, for instance I was in the kitchen, had the music blaring on the Mac, the home phone rang, jumped on the iphone and turned it off..I dont understand why people are saying that the iphones are fragile, ive never heard of anyone cracking a screen after dropping one. Pretty much everyone I know has one too.. A mate threw one at a brick wall and yea that cracked the screen but the phone itself still worked.. I had a battery issue with my 3G iphone, called apple told them about the issue, setup an appointment at my local apple store and walked away with a new phone, no questions asked, there after sales service ive found to be amazing..The only thing that sh*ts me is the whole syncing to itunes etc..
ronburgundy I love gooold member Legacy Donating Member 1,222 Member For: 17y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne (west) Posted 23/05/11 11:55 PM Posted 23/05/11 11:55 PM I've found that those that have cracked screens pretty much crack under circumstances that dare I say it ANY phone would crack. A phone at the end of the day is a fragile and high-tech piece of machinery. News flash: If you drop it, it will break!In all my years of Nokias I've never had a cracked screen; is that because they are more durable than an iPhone or because I am careful with my phones?! re iTunes of course!
Paulie2256 Legacy Donating Member 7,441 Member For: 17y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: SE Melbourne Posted 24/05/11 12:37 AM Posted 24/05/11 12:37 AM My iphone4 dropped from my jacket pocket twice with a bit of speed (don't ask) and landed screen down onto the road/gutter twice. did not crack the screen but felt a tiny bubble in the protective film.When you drop it you are either lucky or unlucky. At least I know I don't have a Friday phone.
baf6 Member 139 Member For: 17y 5m 17d Posted 24/05/11 02:35 AM Posted 24/05/11 02:35 AM Uhh then maybe that says more about the people you hang out with/see with iPhones than the phone itself... Just sayin...well they are all tradies not desk jockies, so might play a part, I carry my defy around all day in my tool belt havent even scratched the screen but that's why I went for the defy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now