Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted

well its been a few months designing and making my plenum in my spare time and I thought I would put up some pics to see what you guys think, its almost finished so I will add the rest of the pics at a later date. there has been some design changes as the project moves on so far the cost is still under $100 which is the reason I decided to make it in the first place because I just didnt have the money for an aftermarket plenum. Being an apprentice boilermaker I can get most of the material and tools from work which is why it is so cheep for me.

hope you guys enjoy the pics as its been fun for me to make this and have learnt a lot about plenums and my trade doing this :beerchug:

post-36473-0-06021700-1290965294_thumb.j

post-36473-0-38785600-1290965697_thumb.j

post-36473-0-11209400-1290966055_thumb.j

post-36473-0-78721200-1290966203_thumb.j

post-36473-0-18276400-1290966364_thumb.j

post-36473-0-35380600-1290966548_thumb.j

post-36473-0-66834000-1290966726_thumb.j

post-36473-0-09046200-1290966790_thumb.j

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

$100 is a bargain and gives you that satisfaction of doing it yourself if you have the tools and the skill.

Well done. :spoton:

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Fantastic job! Saves heaps and you even learnt your trade while doing it :)

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: @ my laptop
Posted

before the final fit up, measure it's volume so you can tell your tuner, it will make his life easier

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

looks the goods for $100, how do you intend on removing it once youve welded the top piece though? (im only assuming you are going to weld it by the pics)

  • flame magnet
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central
Posted

I'll take 1 please.... :buttrock:

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth WA
Posted

cheers for the tip ratter I have done some calculations to work it out but will use water to get a final result just to be accurate for the tuner I didnt think he would need it.

the base plate of the plenum is threaded so the bolts stay in the plenum although I can take them out once welded but its a c*** of a job, I drilled out the thread on the manifold so it slips in and out and I can tighten it down with nuts from the underside of the manifold, how I was going to bolt it down was the biggest issues I had to work out but this seemed the best way

my brother is also an apprentice boilermaker and has helped me out on this project the whole way and he has considered making a few up to sell now that we no how to do it but that is still a maybe and a long way down the track we want to get this one done first :)

  • Hitting the apex
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Miranda
Posted

Has anyone made a plenum that incorporates the inlet manifold or made a new inlet manifold. Is it worth doing?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

Do you mean like Nitto's plenum? it is an all in one plenum with intake runners.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 4m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: East Suburbs Melbourne
Posted

Top effort!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...