Rocker Cover

RowdyBurns

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 14y 9m 28d

Sorry to thread mine here guys but will the rocker cover garnish from a NA FG 6 fit onto the rocker cover from a turbo FG 6?

Mine looks crappy now I have gottn rid of the crossover pipe and I think a NA one would look spot on.

CHeers

Well I bit the bullet and picked up a FG NA 6cyl rocker cover garnish from Aussie car wreckers in Slacks Creek today for $65 (They are $95 brandnew from FORD if your interested)and I can confirm 100% that the FG NA rocker cover garnish fits straight onto the FG turbo rocker cover perfectly and looks a million times better than the turbo one with it's holes etc.

It actually fits better as it follows the contours of the rocker cover better along the sides

I'll give it a clean up (its a little dusty but otherwise perfect condition) and put some pics up for you to see.

Cheers

Edited by wagnman

Here are some pics off my phone to show you guys the NA rocker cover garnish I fitted to replace the turbo one that had all the holes from where the crossover pipe etc mounts up.

NARockercover1.jpg

NARockercover2.jpg

NArockercover3.jpg

The NA one actually fits alot nicer than the turbo one that came off as it follows teh contours of teh rocker cover alot beter.

im really happy with this basic cheap ass mod because I think the std rocker cover garnish looks really good and comes up nice when cleaned properly.

I gotta say though that I am REALLY tempted to get the rocker cover polished up or coated in a chrome finish now as the red is starting to look out of place IMHO.

Cheers

Edited by wagnman
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

Did this ages ago (found one lying around at work :innocent:) and its a very worthwhile mod for anyone who's replaced the stock piping.

As to the actual rocker cover (not the garnish), no difference afaik.