HIRO F6 Member 1,817 Member For: 17y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane, QLD Posted 08/12/09 08:58 AM Posted 08/12/09 08:58 AM I too can see a signature on some of that gear by a certain well known performance shop.Had the pleasure of dropping into that workshop while I was in Sydney on the weekend for the V8's. You will see this gear available through the Hiro Performance shop very shortly. Great gear, certainly not cheap but worth the extra pennies.The rods dont look like they are theirs though and the rods from this particular workshop I saw were monsters. All their XR6 stuff has been added to my wish list.
fpv747 Member 22 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 08/12/09 09:19 AM Posted 08/12/09 09:19 AM very nice stuff from gas motorsports
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 08/12/09 09:54 AM Posted 08/12/09 09:54 AM Subscribed...
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/12/09 10:04 AM Posted 08/12/09 10:04 AM When the hell is 600rwkw's not enough!?This is definitely going to be interesting...
CCCC miso xr6 Legacy Donating Member 317 Member For: 17y 9m 21d Posted 08/12/09 10:43 AM Posted 08/12/09 10:43 AM that's jus awrsome great gear, I remember joe showing me these parts, I jus gotta say crazy,I remember him telling me someone is chasing 7 sec quarter mile times, now that's even more crazy
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 5m 23d Gender: Male Posted 08/12/09 10:49 AM Author Posted 08/12/09 10:49 AM (edited) Thank you all for the kind words! I will attempt to answer a few queries below;This build is a joint performance house build, C&V Performance & Yes Gas Motor sport!The block and main caps leave in the morning for the machine shop for tunnel borering etc.Compression lets just say there will be enough of that for now!Next picture's I will be posting will be of the dry sump components!The rods you speak of (monsters) are for racing application only (Aluminum).Turbo manifold and turbo are done 6 boost! (pics forthcoming)Inlet manifold for now will remain top secret.Ignition for now will remain top secret.Cam timing gear for now will remain top secret!Girdle for now will remain top secret.This is truly a build that will shed light on many fronts, I will try not to bore you with to many pointless remarks!Built for pump & race fuel.PS: Almost forgot John couldn't help myself with the title, it had so much flare, I will forward royalties if need beCheersSpiro Edited 08/12/09 11:01 AM by SPIKO
NB4C Member 328 Member For: 17y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 08/12/09 10:54 AM Posted 08/12/09 10:54 AM (edited) Now that's gonna be one hell of a beast. Don't forget to show us a quarter mile video once the project's done Edited 08/12/09 10:55 AM by NB4C
tray_182005 Member 1,226 Member For: 17y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Wee Waa/NSW Posted 08/12/09 10:55 AM Posted 08/12/09 10:55 AM How come u r going with boost with manifold and turbo r they the best in this field ? Can I ask how many Hp is the billet turbo and when u think it will done ? even though the last 1 is hard to answer
SPIKO Legacy Donating Member 1,924 Member For: 21y 5m 23d Gender: Male Posted 08/12/09 11:10 AM Author Posted 08/12/09 11:10 AM All in good time fella'sTrav, I just love 6boost's work, it's not alway's about who is the best (he is definatelly one of the best), you need to like the people you are working with as well and he is close to me.Turbo is rated @1600-1700.Cheers
tray_182005 Member 1,226 Member For: 17y 1m 22d Gender: Male Location: Wee Waa/NSW Posted 08/12/09 11:14 AM Posted 08/12/09 11:14 AM Sweet I guess I wont be able to book the ute in CV for a while since u have taken over the work shop lol. Good luck
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now