PHANTMXR6 It's not a MKI! Member 1,742 Member For: 18y 3m 17d Gender: Male Location: Earth Posted 21/11/09 02:34 PM Posted 21/11/09 02:34 PM (edited) Not sure if this is new or not but I'm throwing it out there.Just curious what type of upload/download speed people are used to, and their average upload/download usage while looking into this site. I can't measure the rate whilst I'm at work, but personal use is a bit different.Personnaly I'm committed to a Telstra NextG 21 wireless modem for my net connection.I don't have an issue with it, just the after sales service, but for a wireless device, in the limited option area that I live in, it does the job.It's the best download/upload rate I've seen since I've had the device. Edited 21/11/09 08:12 PM by ZAP fixpix
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/11/09 08:18 PM Posted 21/11/09 08:18 PM I have iiNet ADSL2+, but have slowed it down due to dropouts.When I move house next week I will be only 800m from the exchange, so I should sinc up at over 16Mbits.Here is my speedtest result, but you cannot take it as accurate as the hoster in Sydney is Bigair and this ISP blows.I get better speeds from Canberra and Melbourne, than I do from Sydney. It is all dependant on their interconnects and bandwidth.I have a 100Mbit Ethernet connection at work, but cannot get above 18Mbit from this test. This tells me they either have a rate limiter or have bugger all bandwidth.
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 21/11/09 08:32 PM Posted 21/11/09 08:32 PM Just tried it and this is what I got.Dunno if it is quick or not but most webpages and stuff load superfast and uploads dont take that long either.
CJ_AK cj_ak Legacy Donating Member 5,077 Member For: 19y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: Ropes Crossing Posted 21/11/09 08:32 PM Posted 21/11/09 08:32 PM (edited) This is mine, vodafone wireless Edited 21/11/09 08:35 PM by XTB
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/11/09 08:36 PM Posted 21/11/09 08:36 PM Just tried it and this is what I got.Dunno if it is quick or not but most webpages and stuff load superfast and uploads dont take that long either.Looks like Telstra cable as the upload is slow
Peter J Member 37 Member For: 17y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Melb. Posted 22/11/09 12:28 AM Posted 22/11/09 12:28 AM (edited) Telstra Cable Extreme.. Edited 22/11/09 12:30 AM by Peter J
tray_182005 Member 1,226 Member For: 17y 1m 29d Gender: Male Location: Wee Waa/NSW Posted 22/11/09 12:31 AM Posted 22/11/09 12:31 AM (edited) Download 1.32upload 0.21ping 42isp 2.6/5server syddist 50miHow is this ? bush internet Edited 22/11/09 12:33 AM by tray_182005
John K Member 141 Member For: 18y 8m 27d Location: Sydney Posted 22/11/09 01:37 AM Posted 22/11/09 01:37 AM (edited) iiNet (Old Ozemail)Adsl over home wireless network. Edited 22/11/09 01:38 AM by John K
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 22/11/09 04:09 AM Posted 22/11/09 04:09 AM Exetel with results from my laptop running wireless to modem/router. Cabled to router is slightly higher but more stable.Figures can jump around as usual being ADSL2.About to head to Townsville again where I will be stuck on a Telstra only exchange so no more cheap internet and huge downloads! Best ISP I found for my area was Internode but will be paying for it big time at over $100 month just for internet and 50gb download as opposed to $60 now for internet and phone line rental with 18gb peak and 54gb offpeak!I put a good friend up there on exetel so I will be stealing his downloads each month now...
bjc Legacy Donating Member 2,823 Member For: 23y 1m 3d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 22/11/09 04:13 AM Posted 22/11/09 04:13 AM Quick test to Sydney also from Brisbane
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now