FOONIN Legacy Donating Member 678 Member For: 17y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: CHCH NZ Posted 14/10/10 02:58 AM Posted 14/10/10 02:58 AM I notice there are a few mild steel exhausts with stainless mufflers for sale. Is there a big tone difference or am I not seeing some sort of benefit from stainless?
hawlass Legacy Donating Member 1,161 Member For: 18y 11m 1d Gender: Male Location: left right out Posted 14/10/10 06:43 AM Posted 14/10/10 06:43 AM osonvs, cats are optional pre09 in NZ, I had mine cut off and replaced with a straight pipe-you can hear the turbo spool now --AWESOME! You will need a tune after this,but if your doing work anyway- why not. It gets rid of the main restriction in the exhaust system.
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 29/01/11 10:58 PM Posted 29/01/11 10:58 PM Ummm.. Are all those calculations made from the outside diameter of the pipe?If so then they need to be redone taking into account the wall thickness (usually #16 1.6mm)
STAINLESS again plz You've changed man.... Legacy Donating Member 8,142 Member For: 15y 9m 13d Gender: Male Location: 2 Fuchsia Court, Narre Warren. 3805 Posted 30/01/11 12:01 AM Posted 30/01/11 12:01 AM I was enquiring on another forum, looking for the best possible exhust system for my 500+ hp cloevo that going in to my XF GHia.. A member posted a link to a site in the "States" that does oval exhausts.. It looks the gods and would most definately flow well and fix an ground clearance issues.. OVAL EXHAUST PIPE LINKDoes anyone know if anyone in Oz supply this ??I can do oval piping, bends, transitions etc.PM me...
Garrettba03 Member 78 Member For: 15y 3m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney West Posted 03/09/11 03:52 AM Posted 03/09/11 03:52 AM (edited) Read some flow testing one day showing a same sized straight through muffler flowed about 15% less than same sized straight pipe...not sure if its accurate but on my last turbo car I had 2.5 inch exhaust (very small motor) with 3 inch mufflers (magnaflow) 3 inch high flowing cat and worked real good. Edited 03/09/11 03:55 AM by Garrettba03 1
ScottD1983 Member 2 Member For: 14y 9m 8d Posted 04/01/12 09:24 AM Posted 04/01/12 09:24 AM Hey Guys I Have a BA XR6 Turbo. . Only mods are strengthened diff and strengthened auto. Also an air box and custom tune running 9psi. I recently put a new exhaust on its 3.5 cat back and 4 inch dump pipe. Question is will this be a good exhaust for the set up I have and should I get a re tune quite new to cars so just wanting expert opinion on the matterCheers
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/12 09:58 AM Posted 04/01/12 09:58 AM Did you change the cat?Probably still worth getting a retune just to be safe.
ScottD1983 Member 2 Member For: 14y 9m 8d Posted 06/01/12 11:56 PM Posted 06/01/12 11:56 PM Did you change the cat?Probably still worth getting a retune just to be safe.Yes mate changed cat whole exhaust is new. Even without re-tune so much better on boost. But runs a little bit rougher I rand autotechnique in Ferntreegully. They recommend a re-tune minor changes and maybe a new boost controller due to the 4 inch pipe been know to spike now and again.
Swindog Member 40 Member For: 13y 2m 2d Posted 11/11/14 08:00 PM Posted 11/11/14 08:00 PM Not that I am endorsing APS products but I thought this was a decent write up and has pipe calcs inc'd;http://www.airpowersystems.com/falcon/exhaust/exhaust.htm3.5" minimum. Or a mix of 3.5" and twin 2.5"
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 12/11/14 01:31 AM Posted 12/11/14 01:31 AM People don't take into account wall thickness so all those measurements are flawed
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now