Exhaust Pipe Size Vs Area

Johnny G

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 30d

nah because then they need a retune to suit each exhaust. A before and after backpressure test would be more suitable.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 7d

well put it this way. have u ever seen a drag car splitting up flow by going 1 into 2 ? of course not, that's creating a restriction. 2 turbos = 2 exhausts/dump pipes. 1 turbo = 1 exhaust. simple.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Suspended
  • Member For: 15y 8m 27d

well put it this way. have u ever seen a drag car splitting up flow by going 1 into 2 ? of course not, that's creating a restriction. 2 turbos = 2 exhausts/dump pipes. 1 turbo = 1 exhaust. simple.

most turbo drag cars I see at the track have a huge dump sticking out the side of the car, yeah good luck getting that regoed....I was more meaning if you want you car low 4inch is getting pretty large....if you wanted ultimate flow and low twin 3inch...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 26d

I have a stock engine BA xr6t auto and am looking at doing big mods to the engine in 1-2years after mech warranty is up. I was shown the other day at work an xr6t muffler, far out its bloody HUGE and heavy. The mods I wanted to do to my engine vary and my choice of exhaust for it would have been a 3.5inch due to some advice on 3inch being crap for around 350kw. But I have a chance to buy a cheap new 3inch exhaust (dumpy back) with racing CAT or I can just get better free flowing lighter mufflers to attach to the exisiting pipes. Would either of these provide any benefit? If so would a tune be needed?

• Member For: 17y 11m

I was enquiring on another forum, looking for the best possible exhust system for my 500+ hp cloevo that going in to my XF GHia.. A member posted a link to a site in the "States" that does oval exhausts.. It looks the gods and would most definately flow well and fix an ground clearance issues..

OVAL EXHAUST PIPE LINK

Does anyone know if anyone in Oz supply this ??

Edited by HI PSI

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 26d

is there really a point in a 3.5inch exhaust if the CAT is a 3". Wouldnt it make sense to keep it 3".. I know 3.5inch has more area etc etc but your reducing the 3.5 into 3 then back out I would have though (without knowing jack about exhaust) that it would be preferable to have it all the same size pipe if not smaller at the back.