xr6tc Legacy Donating Member 142 Member For: 17y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Cairns, who knows how long for! Posted 15/11/09 10:23 AM Posted 15/11/09 10:23 AM Hey Guys,I have an auto and wanted to know about blocking the BOV, how do I do it? I am pretty dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff, so pics would be good...Cheers
djextreme Member 112 Member For: 17y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 15/11/09 10:45 AM Posted 15/11/09 10:45 AM yeah wat do ppl do! I just took the vacuum line off and blocked the vacuum line up
Superdan Well-Hard Bangin' Member Member 3,422 Member For: 19y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perff, WA Posted 15/11/09 12:25 PM Posted 15/11/09 12:25 PM The answers ye seek be over here... Forum search for 'How To Block Off BOV'
turbomagnet Inactive Members 1 Member For: 15y 9m 17d Posted 22/12/10 11:18 PM Posted 22/12/10 11:18 PM Can anyone recommend a BOV for a Auto BA Turbo?
Stazza_Brendan Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Mackay QLD Posted 23/12/10 01:43 AM Posted 23/12/10 01:43 AM Easiest to fit would be one of the Turbosmart of GFB ones that are 25mm "bosch replacement" BOVsTheres a few that are adjustable from vent to atmosphere to plumb back. Look on ebay for xr6 bov.
GPW Member 20 Member For: 15y 10m 27d Posted 10/06/11 04:07 PM Posted 10/06/11 04:07 PM I have just vented my stock BOV - a long psssccchhhhhhh noise.Not any (or much) flutter unless at full boost or induction noise as expected.If I was to remove the stock BOV all together, then would I hear alot more flutter?Don't want to wear out the turbo quicker than needs be - I have read so many articles stating the blow off valve minimises turbo wear, whereas the same amount of people say that a fully blocked off BOV system won't do any harm and you can run many rwkws without harm.Not sure what to believe!I just want flutter, and no premature wearing on the turbo!Cheers
Panda Eyes flame magnet Legacy Donating Member 5,674 Member For: 18y 4m 24d Gender: Male Location: adelaide hills- 'race air' central Posted 10/06/11 11:56 PM Posted 10/06/11 11:56 PM if you block it off or remove it you will get a looong flutter. there is no evidence to support a shortened turbo life, although some will still claim it does...
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 11/06/11 03:37 AM Posted 11/06/11 03:37 AM Correct there is no evidence but in principle it does.Flutter is compressed air forcefully slowing the turbo down quicker then it normally would that's all, make up your own mind from that.
relentless xr6 Member 363 Member For: 15y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/11 11:48 AM Posted 31/07/11 11:48 AM the best thing you can do is blow your valve when someone has there window down or in a tunnel it's all [wank factor]
chevZ Member 32 Member For: 15y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast, QLD Posted 26/09/11 03:51 AM Posted 26/09/11 03:51 AM I recently blocked my stock BOV on my Auto FG XR6T today, for a video heres it: only a quick snap and it's louder in person, and I'm sure I'll master the foot lift off the more I drive it now.. but it's not even enough of a noise to annoy you in an auto - at least with mine unless I lift off under heavy acceleration it won't make the noise - which is PERFECT! because if I'm rolling through a RBT or trying not to attract attention it won't flutter everywhere - but when I want it to, boy does she flutter :-)may go purchase an aftermarket BOV at a later date, but for now this is looking very good :-)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now