senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 30/01/09 10:22 PM Posted 30/01/09 10:22 PM Try these guys : Best MufflersStill speak to the sponsors though, they will be able to organise fitting and also a retune if you need it
Daniel Member 299 Member For: 23y 2m 29d Gender: Male Posted 31/01/09 05:33 AM Posted 31/01/09 05:33 AM I have been quoted 1900 and 2250 for the exhaust only now.Both seem over priced; but I don't know any better.. unfortunately hey lol.Going by that link, its totally different, 2x the price: http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_info.php?cPath=119_346_485&products_id=891&osCsid=c23ec1636ad791a0d8e520e032be100aAny input guys?Is it 'wrong' to buy the exhaust from a website and take it to a shop to fit and tune as they were overcharging for the supply of the exhaust?
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 31/01/09 05:46 AM Posted 31/01/09 05:46 AM are you sure that you want an x-force exhaust? have you done research?
Daniel Member 299 Member For: 23y 2m 29d Gender: Male Posted 31/01/09 06:10 AM Posted 31/01/09 06:10 AM (edited) As for wanting xforce, I just want a higher than stock flowing exhaust that exits both sides of the rear bumper; it must be quiet however. This is where most people have comments saying the Xforce system with large mufflers is best.I've also seen a few xr6t's around that were very quiet so I asked the owners what they ran, most come back saying xforce.And of course I have done *some* (haha) research, I am aware of the different systems available from xforce, the loud/quiet/twin/single/sizes/stainless/mild steel and then you have the APS system which is also very good and comparable in some ways, however I don't like the cat on their system and the idea it costs significantly more from what I've been told (plus, I have the hi flow cat and dump pipe already from xforce and so far happy as)That being said I just don't know what people are paying for this system installed..The few places I spoke to so far have quoted 1800/1900+ OR don't range or recommend the xforce; but of course they have other systems which are preferred (redback, herrod, smb, aps, ces and even difilippo altho I ask for QUIET)Is there ANY reason you would steer clear of xforce?Thanks Edited 31/01/09 06:14 AM by Daniel
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 31/01/09 01:27 PM Posted 31/01/09 01:27 PM I got my exforce full stainless turbo back, twin 2.5 inch fitted for $1900. I love the look and the sound!
Daniel Member 299 Member For: 23y 2m 29d Gender: Male Posted 01/02/09 02:03 AM Posted 01/02/09 02:03 AM Thanks for your experience there; is your $1900 price for the same one as in this link?Was there anything else to justify an extra ~$1,000.00?http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_...8e520e032be100a
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 01/02/09 02:42 AM Posted 01/02/09 02:42 AM yup that's what I got. but mine isnt cat back.. iv got the dump, and cat and everything from the turbo back
Daniel Member 299 Member For: 23y 2m 29d Gender: Male Posted 01/02/09 03:36 AM Posted 01/02/09 03:36 AM Thanks for that typhoon_freak; exactly the sort of info I want and need!(top looking car you have there btw, verrry nice)
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 01/02/09 03:43 AM Posted 01/02/09 03:43 AM that's ok mate.. cheers
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 01/02/09 04:02 AM Posted 01/02/09 04:02 AM
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now