Jump to content

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d
Posted

Shannons didnt want my business, im 22 with a Aug 05 Phoon (Rat 2) and they just gave me an outrageous figure. Cant remember exactly now but it was over 2K a year anyway.

Maybe will shop around again when im over 25...

  • Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Whistling, GTX.
Posted
im 22 with a Aug 05 Phoon

That's not bad going for a 22yo... and 2k on a phoon at that age isn't too bad! Who did you end up getting your insurance with?

Good work mate!

Jack :banghead:

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Shannons would not touch any car of mine that did more than 8,000km per year.

They also insisted that it be in a garage.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
Shannons gave me the same story as Jack said.. not rare enough, and I drive the car too much.. that was almost two years ago.

Just cars have been good, but pricey.. I fail to see why I keep getting slogged for $2000 a year (24yrs old) when I have max no claim bonus, no previous claims, or anything. clean record etc... my first claim was 7 weeks ago  :stirthepot:  so I hope it doesn't affect it too much.

While we're on the topic, I got my premium the other day... the value of the car has dropped  from around 40k, to 32k, but my premium stayed the same. Is this normal?? I thought maybe its cause I claimed.. but I dunno, I have a no claim bonus protection thingy so that should mean my premium is safe?

I just bought myself a Bionic BF XR6T last week. I'm 24 and with Just Cars with a premium of $1045 + $35 for rating one protection. I haven't done any mods on it however......

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I'm paying $680 a year with RACV, which I'm happy with but found that Just Car Insurance was one of the select few that would touch me as I was under 25. Premium was $500 a year dearer but what really sucked was it was somthing like $1500 excess :nono:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 15d
Posted

Shannons told me they will insure any car, as long as you are a motoring enthusiast. You have to really seem like you want to take care of your car, say you are part of a car club, and actually have some decent stuff on your car rather than GO Fast Bits. They were real interested in my Focal Speakers and Alpine amp, and my custom leather. These things are out of the ordinary. They seem to be really interested in what you do rather than what you drive.

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

I use Shannons for my ED turbo but not the XR6t... they wanted 2300 for the T, AAMI was 1700 so I went with AAMI.

Funny thing was the shannons guy wasnt interested in xr6t, but was going nuts over the ED... I have it insured as a weekender only for track use, but if I told AAMI I took the XR6T to the track they would cancel for sure. Makes you wonder...

  • Team Grandpa
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hunter Valley
Posted

Can someone tell me what mods you have been allowed on your insurance through AAMI? None? I'm way over the big 30

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 3d
Posted

Comparing premiums is not accurate unless you compare the same suburb....I argued with NRMA over my Focus premium....In Liverpool(SW of Sydney ) I was paying $1690. I "changed" my address to Mosman(Wealthy suburb) and the premium was halved!!! My AU111 XR8 premium was $2000($2400 value) where my current XR6T is $1600($33000 value)......

I have a Shannons policy on my escort and NRMA for the XR6T....In this case NRMA were cheaper because of my multi policy discount...Having said that, Shannons had no problem insuring the turbo as a daily driver and there service is great....My previous modified Cortina was written off and they paid out quickly, no questions. The Escort was hit from behind earlier this year and they had repair work approved within days....And I went to an expensive repairer to ensure quality.....Shannons even quoted me on a modified WRX as a daily driver...I have had three previous cars insured with them so I guess that makes a difference too.

I found Just Cars to be the most expensive and I'm 35.....I'll review my insurance once mods start taking place....Maybe NRMA won't be so keen....

Good Luck.

Cheers.

Doug

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d
Posted
im 22 with a Aug 05 Phoon

That's not bad going for a 22yo... and 2k on a phoon at that age isn't too bad! Who did you end up getting your insurance with?

Good work mate!

Jack :fool:

Im with Just car Insurance, just over 1700 per yr, then hopefully at the end of this yr ill be rating 1, they said it should drop by at least 400 dollars!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...