BAman Member 133 Member For: 19y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 25/03/11 06:59 AM Posted 25/03/11 06:59 AM I moved to sydneys eastern suburbs from the southwest and my insurance (shannons) went up by $500 for two cars, shopping for new policy next week, outrages
1600dave Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 15y 8m 24d Posted 25/03/11 08:51 PM Posted 25/03/11 08:51 PM I'm in shepparton, 23, full comp with racv, rating 1, stock bf2.My premium is $1060, aami was about $100 cheaper, but their contents insurance was over $100 more.Already been with racv in the past so was easier to sick with them.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 17d Gender: Male Posted 28/03/11 09:59 AM Posted 28/03/11 09:59 AM (edited) just cancelled my AAMI insurance (long story but got jibbed the hire car $$ when some dickhead scratched my bumper).I went with Coles (Wesfarmers) for $740 premium/ $800 excess (incl. hire car and listing a 'performance chip') Its in my wife's name who is 31.I'm on Sydney's North Shore in a pretty safe suburb.edit: car is 12/06 BF turbo. Edited 28/03/11 10:00 AM by JC807
sexual harrassment panda I see a red door and I want to paint it black Legacy Donating Member 5,919 Member For: 16y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Far north queensland Posted 14/04/11 02:16 AM Posted 14/04/11 02:16 AM just told my insurance mob (AAMI) that I had payed out the car loan, instant $111/year saving
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 14/04/11 02:46 AM Posted 14/04/11 02:46 AM (edited) Im 25 almost 26 had the car from 24. BF2 turbo ute value $31k.Im paying $546.60/ $300 std excess (which is me, more for younger or unnamed drivers), $2000 theft, conversion excess. This is all NZD as well.I have mods listed and am just starting on the power side, the company wants the excess up to $1000 because of power increase mods, but my broker is fighting with them for $500 no more for it.What are other peoples excesses like for modded vehicles? And has anyone got high theft ones like mine? Edited 14/04/11 02:47 AM by Wenier
Wenier Legacy Donating Member 1,736 Member For: 16y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Christchurch, New Zealand Posted 14/04/11 04:48 AM Posted 14/04/11 04:48 AM Just got off phone with insurance agent about mods.Std excess has gone to $500 and I keep a record (receipts, etc) of mods and no change to premium. Pretty good that I keep a record and they not worried about listing on the policy itself.
AmaroK Member 3 Member For: 15y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: SA Posted 17/05/11 10:05 AM Posted 17/05/11 10:05 AM I have a 2004 BA XR6 Turbo stock with leather and dual zone climate/premium sound. was with Shannons for the past 2 years, got the car at 23 and was paying $1250 a year for full comp (That at the time was by far the cheapest). I had to renew my insurance in April last year and I turned 25 in July so I contacted Shannons to ask if I was getting any form of discount for being 9 months on a policy as over 25. Shannons promised me that in conjunction with a cheaper premium the next year I would also have discount for that year rolled in. went to renew my insurance this April with Shannons.............$1150 full no claim bonus both nominated drivers over 25 and rating 1 for life. I rang Shannons and explained what was promised to me last year and asked for an explanation and was told that the figure of $1150 was including the discount and that it was because of the Queensland floods. I was not impressed. Contacted AAMI......$850. I would have liked to have kept choice of repairer but not for $300 extra.
CBXRT Banned 643 Member For: 15y 10m 11d Gender: Male Posted 08/06/11 01:49 AM Posted 08/06/11 01:49 AM (edited) Guys, Just for anyone not happy with their insurer, might be worth checking AAMI as their rates were excellent for me compared to the last time I checked (I was with QBE). I have fully comprehensive ($300 excess) for $580 a year which I think is very reasonable for a T, even if its a 2004 model. I'm 30, rating 2 and listed my few mods like cooler and exhaust with the girl I spoke to. I live in Tas so that might make it cheaper, but it might simply be worth checking out to see if you can get a better deal with AAMI than your current insurer.....they all make enough money as it is!Cheers. Edited 08/06/11 01:50 AM by CBXRT
Mini Hulk New Member 11 Member For: 15y 10m 25d Posted 08/06/11 03:20 AM Posted 08/06/11 03:20 AM AAMI was the cheapest for me as well. I'm 28 in Melb, Rating 1 - $711/year.There's a huge thread on insurance here as well: Insurance....<merged Topic>....
AJ-80 Member 97 Member For: 16y 14d Posted 08/06/11 03:50 AM Posted 08/06/11 03:50 AM No choice of repairer with AAMI though. Somthing to consider.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now