Jump to content

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Got my renewal the other day from AAMI, up from $870 to $1020 even with all the platinum safe driver discount bullsh*t.

Did a few online quotes with AAMI, RACQ, Suncorp and they were all at least $1300 for the same cover with all the 'free' options included in the current policy like windscreen replacement and comprehensive hire car. Called them up and asked what was going on, reckon it's because of all the increased claims this year across the board, but discounted it by another 8% just because I'm such a top bloke.

Still pissed off it's gone up so much but still seem to be getting a good deal.

...then organised a free windscreen replacement before the policy rolls-over tomorrow. Happy days :mexicanwave:

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 4d
Posted

We get smashed in Sydney...34 y/o max no claim, suburb been Guildford seems to be a problem with the insures. This is for a new FG F6, I compared it to the XR6 T and was about $100 cheaper for the XR6 T

$4800 Allianz

$5600 GIO

$2250 NRMA

Got a quote same car at my brothers address in Adelaide for $950

DAM!

yea I been looking at insurance for a 2011 F6 (+3rd party $4500.00 stereo system) in carrum downs

25y/o male, rating 1, no claim, no suspensions etc.

approx prices from memory:

Allianz $2400

AAMI $1400

Just car $1800

GIO $ Cant insure...my sound system is excessive...

Coles: $2000.00

shannons $1800 or so too I think.

I think ill be going with AAMI again, I got her to quote with a boatload of mods on it too, jacked it upto $2400, but no problems with the mods or the amount.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Carrum Downs
Posted

2006 BF MKII

Mine is $1200 with AAMI.

that's with a $2550 excess.

Im 22 living in Melbourne

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted

Call your insurance broker and ask for a quote from Zurich.

They dont deal direct , only through brokers.

Id be suprised if you pay more the $1000 with excess free windscreen and hire vehicle extension.

  • To Loud
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 9m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: WA, Perth
Posted (edited)

Okay, am I missing something? I am 37 and I just picked up a 2011 XR6t yesterday. I contacted AAMI by phone while at the dealer and advised I got the manual with the luxury pack. Came to an agreed value that would cover everything and it is $490. Should I be concerned?

Edited by masda74
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Western Sydney
Posted

As long as its all noted on the policy you will be fine. Happy days at $490

The thing I don't get is they say my suburb is high risk but whenever I'm home it's in a locked garage attached to the house.

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

So if I live in a low risk area but go to a high risk area for work or visiting family & friends where my car is on the street, I pay a lot less for insurance. :crazystuff: I can never work out insurance companies.

  • FREAKY
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

On the rego it says 2009

Thanks guys found it it was built in 2007

:facepalm:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 10m 7d
Posted

I was quoted from aami

$1800 for the g6et and $3200 for the fgxr6t

Why is there such a big difference?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...