Jump to content

Insurance companies...  

825 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 9m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Parramatta, NSW
Posted

The XR6T is considered a 'sports' car and so attracts a risk premium.

The G6ET, as some members on here also allege, is considered a 'grandpa' car and so attracts a risk discount.

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

I just changed to just car, $1900 @650 excess

2010 FG F6

All mods listed (made little difference to the premium) 34 y.o male

1 license suspension. 0 claims.

I'm ok with that. Some places were a whole lot worse.

Edited by dre
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

So the FPV badge must add about $400 to your premium? Nice.

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

It also added about 20k to the purchase price.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

$1800 for a g6et and $3200 for a fgxr6t , Im guessing you are a young bloke . I pay $65 a month ( inc windscreen cover ) with AAMI for full comp insurance rating 1 for life and a $550 excess , for a 2008 fgxr6t .

I went with AAMI because they are a little bit more forgiving when it comes to cars with mods , I found as long as you were honest with them they were really good .

It defiantly pays to shop around as prices vary from hundreds to thousands of dollars saved , but keep in mind that sometimes cheep is not always best especially when it comes to making a claim as a good friend of mine has just found out .

  • I <3 Floods
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South West QLD
Posted

I'm with L Plate.. Paying almost the exact same amount.. 08 FG XR6T Ute.. $68 a month.. But it's about to be reduced as I have moved to a 'lower risk' area.

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I pay about 1600 for the limo I think, AAMI wanted like 5 grand. Wankers.

  • Resident idiot.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

For heavily modded cars aami suggest just car, for g6e's try apia

  • Banned
  • Member For: 15y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
Posted (edited)

Aami still by far the cheapest for me at $750 for rating 2 due to accident two years ago. RACT not far behind but had a $500 excess comapred to $350.

I think most of the rates guys mentioned above above aren't too bad - considering what (mostly slower) imports and Euro owners have to pay!! (sometimes with massive excesses also)

Edited by CBXRT
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

For heavily modded cars aami suggest just car, for g6e's try apia

I'm with just cars atm, they're are owned by aami anyway I think.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...