vassa Member 30 Member For: 22y 2m 17d Posted 02/10/08 12:31 AM Posted 02/10/08 12:31 AM just dont drive like a dick. my mate has one with a massive front mount and after today 300rwkw+ and he hasnt been done coz he drives sensible. just dont attract attention to yourself doing stupid sh*t.
poita85 Legacy Donating Member 43 Member For: 18y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: Wodonga, VIC Posted 02/10/08 01:49 AM Posted 02/10/08 01:49 AM It's up to you what you end up doing, but even driving sensibly if another d*ckhead crashed into and your driving a car you shouldn't be, could the blame fall back on yourself so driving something you shouldn't? that's one thing I'd be worried about. I got mine when I was 21 and was stoked to have it (Still Am) and it was well worth the wait. Insurance is actually reasonable and you can drive legally without being paranoid about getting pulled over!
SubJimbo ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™ Legacy Donating Member 1,216 Member For: 18y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/10/08 02:19 AM Posted 02/10/08 02:19 AM (edited) N/A's are great for your first car, and whilst on your P's. You will never be on edge when a cop goes past or anything.The main point is, Inexperience Kills. To go from your mums little 4cyl Corolla to a XR6 Turbo.. Quite a jump in performance there.I think the government finally did something right for once by bringing in this power:weight ratio and High powered laws. Even though I was against it at the start, My views have changed on it looking back... I want to live to see my 21st birthday. I understand people are annoyed they cant drive a turbo car now, but it would well be worth the wait when you turn 21. I am stoked with my N/A. It provides about the most power we can have on our P's, without being illegal. Turbo's are just too powerful for inexperienced P platers. I know people that have got their P's with under 10 hours of driving experience in two years ( Under the 'old' Tests ), If they got into a Turbo vehicle, they would probably be a statistic.Not to mention the Insurance Edited 02/10/08 02:20 AM by SubJimbo
MRDOSE Member 1,195 Member For: 18y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/10/08 03:03 AM Posted 02/10/08 03:03 AM well im glad your happy with your N/A, I however am even happier with my T, even with my P's
uniqsouljah Member 113 Member For: 18y 1m Gender: Male Location: caroline springs, melb Posted 02/10/08 04:47 AM Posted 02/10/08 04:47 AM I dont regret buying my t. I still own a sv6 anyway, so im barely on the edge only drive the t for outings/day offs etc. even though I drive sensible for somereason I get edgy around cops lol they havent stopped me yet, hoping they wont, but if they do then oh well I dont care its just 3 points and a 300$ fine or watever, ill keep the car locked up for about 2 months then take it out again lol I prob wont last 2 weeks
Brandonn Legacy Donating Member 2,304 Member For: 18y 18d Gender: Male Location: port hedland Posted 02/10/08 05:02 AM Posted 02/10/08 05:02 AM im 19 on my p's can drive n e thing legally...god bless queensland even if u debadge it whenever u get pulled over they would check the plates on the car in thier lil compter and ask if it was your car n it would come up as turbo...risky, but there T's r fun lol
uniqsouljah Member 113 Member For: 18y 1m Gender: Male Location: caroline springs, melb Posted 02/10/08 05:03 AM Posted 02/10/08 05:03 AM I got my t, under my mums name same as insurance lol I carry her details with me just incase
[XRS1X] Member 56 Member For: 20y 10m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 02/10/08 05:15 AM Posted 02/10/08 05:15 AM Hey mate, I have had my XR6T for nearly 2 years and am in Victoria as well. I haven't been pulled over once yet (touch wood). Having said that I always drive under the speed limit. I give it a squirt on freeway entrances and at the lights like most people would but all in reason. In my opinion if your going to be a hoon, do stupid sh!t and risk your life as well as innocent others then you deserve to get done the cops, loose your license and car. I drive my T only on occasions and have a sh*t box BMW that I drive as my daily. It is a very big difference in power that im just getting used to after 2 years. But at the end of the day its your choice what your going to do. In my opinion I would by a POS now and make a decision to either wait or get one now. If you really want a T there is no point wasting your money on a NA or something similar if your just going to get rid of it in a few years.CheersFranc
Henz Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag Legacy Donating Member 9,946 Member For: 18y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Vic Posted 04/10/08 12:12 AM Posted 04/10/08 12:12 AM im 20, on my p's, and drive an xr6t. Thank god for my Queensland licence
coolkid Member 94 Member For: 18y 19d Posted 07/10/08 09:07 AM Posted 07/10/08 09:07 AM meh , im on p's in qld, new laws so cant drive turbo. bought a n/a instead of a t and regretting it a little now. if you debagde it and dont do stupid sh*t then I say go for it. just dont become a statistic on the roads.. register and insure in your mums/dads name. see if you can put yourself in as a secondary driver (not sure if you can) but if you get pulled over just say you cant afford a car yet and that's the only car in the family..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now