Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

morning all, happy Tuesday and happy Jan 1st 2019 :P

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

Ghey.

 

Got up nice and early to check out the actuator situation today. Farker had negative preload lol. It was open about 1mm. Nevermind though cos I've got a 12psi adjustable one and injectors etc etc. If not I spose I could have bent the bracket out a bit.

 

Figure today would just be actuator, gap the plugs, injectors, wideband and tune.

 

Plugs first cos why not. The car had a 150,000km service record but the plugs weren't done. Figure I may as well give it a comp test before I go to town cos #healthcheck

 

Here are the comp numbers. Needless to say I didn't fit any parts or tune it, although I did waste some tuning credits to read the tune and compare it to the log. Called the dealer and said I'm returning it under the 2 day cooling off clause.

 

Ironically the stuffed wg preload is probably what kept it alive...

 

cIGeAD2.jpg

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

bro... you're returning it? *sigh* that sucks.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

No choice mate. I've already got one car with a broken motor, I don't want another. 

 

Lucky I got into it today otherwise I could have been up for 2 built motors!

  • Like 1
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

yeah, that's a real shame that it's not healthy :(

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

Yeah I'm kinda annoyed but it is what it is. 

 

Sucks more for the dealer though cos now they have to do something with it. 

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 9d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

Well I'm keeping the car and they are giving me some cash to fix it myself. At least I know it'll be done the way I want it plus I can use a few bit's I've collected along the way.

 

Just one of those things ay. <_<

 

Meh.

  • Like 2
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

umm... are they giving you enough cash? *sigh*

 

morning all, happy Wednesday :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...