Ezy2Confuze Member 899 Member For: 16y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: West Perth. Posted 29/10/18 01:45 AM Posted 29/10/18 01:45 AM For how cheap they are getting maybe get a wireless USB dongle as a backup plan, so if the Ethernet port plays funny buggers, pop in the wireless dongle. 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 8d Gender: Not Telling Posted 29/10/18 02:01 AM Posted 29/10/18 02:01 AM I've actually got one. I had to download the driver for it from my laptop and copy it to my desktop and it's what I'm using now. I've gone through everything I can think of and it seems that the port is buggered. The orange light is solid whether or not a cable is plugged in, it doesn't recognise any cables being plugged in and the green light never comes on. I could get a nic but then my nvme drive would run slower as it is in an x4 slot and I'm pretty sure all of the other slots are switched off.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,119 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/10/18 02:08 AM Posted 29/10/18 02:08 AM sounds like you need a new motherboard 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 8d Gender: Not Telling Posted 29/10/18 02:18 AM Posted 29/10/18 02:18 AM Yerp. Now to decide whether to buy another lga1150 board or UPGRADE OUT THE ASS!!!!
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 29/10/18 02:20 AM Posted 29/10/18 02:20 AM Did you "delete device" in device manager?
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 8d Gender: Not Telling Posted 29/10/18 02:24 AM Posted 29/10/18 02:24 AM Yep. I uninstalled and also deleted the driver software. I downloaded the latest driver software from the board manufacturer and installed that to no avail and also downloaded the driver from intel to no avail.
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 12d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 29/10/18 02:47 AM Posted 29/10/18 02:47 AM Chipset and firmware would be the only other things I could think of
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,119 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/10/18 02:50 AM Posted 29/10/18 02:50 AM yeah; when I worked for an IT hardware support company; the only thing that solved a "solid orange light" on a network connection, aside from hardware replacement, was firmware upgrading. Drivers generally didn't work, neither did cleaning and terminal inspection.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 8d Gender: Not Telling Posted 29/10/18 02:55 AM Posted 29/10/18 02:55 AM Everything is on the latest version from the motherboard site. It worked yesterday before shutdown and didn't work today from startup. I didn't bother reinstalling the bios cos why would ya? Same with the chipset driver. I spose I can do that just to make sure.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 8d Gender: Not Telling Posted 29/10/18 03:38 AM Posted 29/10/18 03:38 AM (edited) Ok I reinstalled the chipset driver and that did nothing. I reinstalled the bios and it fixed it. Go figure. Now I just need to get in there and readjust the oc and fans etc and it should be sweet. No upgrade for me today fellas Edited 29/10/18 03:40 AM by Puffwagon a word 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now