Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Queensland
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, k31th said:

xr6t FTW, matty ;) not a fan of how "linear" the supercharged 8 is. Harsh torque/boost curve = fun :3gears:

 

 

Same... And this really hit home to me when I purchased a 4 stroke KX450f, after owning a 2 stroke CR250..  The KX is nice and it is really easy to ride. But, it is  as boring as bat sh*t, due to the power being so linear..  I really miss my CR for is brutal power band....

 

Edited by HI PSI
  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

It's difficult

Was a great day

These cars feel so much better in manual guise

The 8 has the brembos/rspec suspension

It's amazing how torn I am

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
3 minutes ago, mightbuyaford said:

Supercharged 8 does sound mint though

Disagree... stock exhaust is tinny as fark due to restricting the crap out of flow.

With an aftermarket exhaust, definitely :spoton:

  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 11y 6m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wadalba 2259 NSW
Posted

Need that torque hit for mad roll on skidzzzz. Following that xr8 even with stock exhaust on Saturday was pretty moist. I'd still go turbo though. Can always change suspension. Engine swap sucks haha

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

:) haha slick

  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 27d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: SA
Posted
 

 

Same... And this really hit home to me when I purchased a 4 stroke KX450f, after owning a 2 stroke CR250..  The KX is nice and it is really easy to ride. But, it is  as boring as bat sh*t, due to the power being so linear..  I really miss my CR for is brutal power band....

 

This man knows.... I wont ever sell my kx125 ... 2 stroke ftw.

  • Like 1
  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

C'mon guys like it's him.G to stay stock

Well either of them really

That's the other thing

The xr8 fuel pump and injectors and e 85 and tune and ill be in the 400 plus club easy

Xr6 t would require more plus I think I'd go a gtx3576 as well

Like I said

Tough decisions

I do love the barra so much

 

bcbe8028a04810afce79537724ecb116.jpg41f2a29a80e036fed3dae34bbd4c3583.jpg2f72831114e408ab91fb970fc811e1a3.jpg

  • Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 27d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: SA
Posted

Yeah the v8s easy power but its boring power. Like smooth and not throw u back in your seat power... ive driven a 500rwkw supercharged gt........ booooorrrrinnnnnngggg compared to a 400rwkw barra imo


  • Like 2
  • MattyP
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 14y 5m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast
Posted

I don't think it's boring

It's different kind of delivery

One thing that did worry about me was the xr6t at idle it was knocking about until I put the clutch in then Viola no more knocking

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...