Jstplyn Member 65 Member For: 12y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 10/12/13 06:10 AM Posted 10/12/13 06:10 AM So today my mini breather arrived and I vented the stock BOV, haven't yesterday driven it yet but looks the goods, tomorrow I will go down and get a stopper to properly block the intake return line
Jstplyn Member 65 Member For: 12y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 10/12/13 06:41 AM Posted 10/12/13 06:41 AM So the results from the test drive are inIt sounded super gay I didn't want to get the ricer psssssh sound just a nicer whooooosh, I had to pull over and pull the vac line off so I could drive home without looking like a rice machine, much happier with the standard plumbed sound
Kroozin Menace Legacy Donating Member 1,990 Member For: 15y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/12/13 09:22 AM Posted 10/12/13 09:22 AM Ya got the filter on the wrong side. Turn the bov the other way.
#96 Member 281 Member For: 13y 10m 5d Posted 10/12/13 12:27 PM Posted 10/12/13 12:27 PM I'm pretty sure the vacuum line is opposite the vent side.so that looks correct to me. (at least it matches my oem set up, which vents just fine when the plumback line is removed) 1
Jstplyn Member 65 Member For: 12y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Victoria Posted 11/12/13 01:50 AM Posted 11/12/13 01:50 AM Ya got the filter on the wrong side. Turn the bov the other way.Na Thays correct it's exact same way as it come off, it's back to standard plumbed now I hated the sound haha
m1rkz Member 114 Member For: 13y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/04/15 07:32 AM Posted 05/04/15 07:32 AM (edited) Today I went out and spent all of $20 to try this mod.For the price you can't really complain and will give everyone a bit of variation to do what they like the sound of.Got myself the breather, the chair stoppers and a hose clamp.It took about 10 minutes or so to fit (I fkn hate those OEM clamps on the hose, they were a *beep* to get off, or I probably just dont have the right tool).Not sure I like the breather... the pschhhh noise seems to go on for far too long, I was hoping it'd be more precise and have a start/stop to it, not a start.....continuation, continuation & more continuation where it almost sounds like it doesnt stop again until you get on the gas again or revs hit idle.For now I've just used the two chair stoppers and blocked both ends up up (BOV and Intake), I get a kinda soft (it's loud-ish, but not that loud) tututu sound with that, but only when under load/power, neutral revving gives you nothing, would kind of like it to be a bit louder, seems the gas needs to be under a bit of load too, to get a half way good tututu out of it too.I may play with the remaining chair stoppers to see what I think of the different hole sizes people have been doing etc to get different sounds. If anyone has further suggestion on this, happy to listen(read).My car is currently stock apart from a K&N panel filter just fitted today and the BOV mod. Edited 05/04/15 07:33 AM by m1rkz
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 05/04/15 08:21 AM Posted 05/04/15 08:21 AM Just remove bov completely. Gives more tututu sound.Then get a pod filter intake to make it louder.
m1rkz Member 114 Member For: 13y 9m 23d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/04/15 09:14 AM Posted 05/04/15 09:14 AM Just remove bov completely. Gives more tututu sound.Then get a pod filter intake to make it louder.What about the thin hose that comes off the BOV (whatever that's called ), is that actually required, or do I just take it off completely and leave the other end uncovered or do you have to cover that somehow? ?I was under the impression if a POD filter is fitted a re-tune is required ?
bamk2f6tornado Legacy Donating Member 777 Member For: 12y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: Rockhampton Qld Posted 05/04/15 09:47 AM Posted 05/04/15 09:47 AM Plug the vacuum hose with a screw and hose clamp.
PTR_NITRO_FG Legacy Donating Member 3,214 Member For: 13y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: NOR Perth Posted 05/04/15 10:39 AM Posted 05/04/15 10:39 AM Yep as bam said...screw plus clamp...preferably a flat ended screw that wont do damage...so you can reverse if need be.I had a pic of mine in another thread; but can't remember the name.And no tune is needed if yours is stock. Maybe if its tuned already it might need looking at, but doubt it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now