Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
Posted
Not sure about the consumption, but the recommended fuel for XR6 Turbo and XR8 is Premium Unleaded (I.e. Optimax, etc).

My leasing company has also requested that I only use Optimax for my NA XR6 and have covered the additional expense of that fuel.

Optimax is a 98 RON fuel - you only need 95 RON for the XR6T (any premium). The difference between 95 and 98 RON is usually 2 or 3 cents.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 17d
Posted

The difference between 95 and 98 RON is usually 2 or 3 cents.

Not around sydney it isn't . Any way got a load of normal unleaded couple of weeks ago and didn't really see a difference makes me a bit sceptical sometimes of what I am really buying . I think the xr8 is 9.5: 1 comp u can easily run standard unleaded no problem. Fuel consumption who cares when u got V8 power...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted
Turbo and XR8 will run on standard unleaded. The only difference is Turbo won't make 240kw on std. unl. XR8 is rated at 260kw on std. unl. This is what Falcon brochure advises. GT will require premium due to higher comp.

They claim XR8 will use 12.5l/100km.

How do they test for this fuel consumption figure?? I'd suggest unless you're doing a heap of highway driving, you won't see 12.5.

Isn't the XR6T also listed as 12.5??

Nope the XR6T is 11 point something on the windscreen sticker I seem to remember.

  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

Actually it says 12.5L/100KM. I still have the sticker in my log book.

Guest raoulc
  • Guests
Posted

I only ever use Optimax - even on the AU Fairmont Ghia V8 I traded in for my XR6T.

But the fuel consumption is a whole lot worse. I can get 120 km more per tank on my old Ghia compared to my new XR6T. That is comparing on exactly the same conditions. Driving from Albury to Sydney along the Hume Boring Hwy. Dealer tells me its because the car still has to be broken in. I doubt it though. The difference is 240 - 175 = 65Kw power.

That being the case its understandable and who cares - love that 65Kw extra power :thumbsup:

Guest Trevor
  • Guests
Posted

I find similar to Raoulc.

I am also in the Albury area and travel on the Hume hwy.

I am actually getting 12.2 - 12.5 using cruise. It is more than the AUXR6 but who cares.

If you bought this car it wasn't for the fuel economy anyway.

I like to drive mine the way it is meant to be driven so around town it uses about 16l/100km

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
Posted

Hmm - Albury to Hume huh? That's a 110 km/h zone (ie 115 km/h cruise) which means your force feeding it a little - might be why you're consumption is higher.

  • 3 weeks later...
Guest harasn
  • Guests
Posted

Check out this thread on LS1.com. It would appear that Mr hamburglar should have a look at the real world figures for the fuel consuption of his Holdens before he bags our Fords

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php...=&threadid=8942

His test figures might be really good but when people actually drive the cars they can't get near it. Fords are a *beep* of a lot closer to the truth. Funny they seem to do the same thing with power fugures. Say its better than it is and we say its worse than it is. Just food for thought if your wopndering which car to buy!!!

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 3d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted

l often hire Late model camira Execs with work and while there are many things l dont like about the car, l cant knock the fuel economy.

Repeatably get better than 9lt/100 mainly highway cruising in unloved rentals. Cant knock that. The Commie is around 150kg lighter than the BA but that's Fords fault for making the BA so heavy when other manufacturers are making theirs lighter. l hate to think what the new Fairlane is going to tip the scales at....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...