Torque Talk

MiKa

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

yeh both zf both 19inch both 35 series tyres mines only just got 17psi with a 12psi actuator and his has 23+psi with a ext gate it just had me megga stumped that's all trying to see what the go was but as uve explained it must come on harder earlier than the big boy just didnt seem right to me but that's why iam asking

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 25d

Well don't leave us hanging. Feel free to contribute to correcting the apparent misinformation.

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 3m 17d

Well don't leave us hanging. Feel free to contribute to correcting the apparent misinformation.

Sorry mate I forgot that I wrote in here. I don't really need to contribute, others have already given accurate responses (e.g. groper), but there are a fair few posts that seem to describe the misconception that torque and power are two separate ways a car can generate forward movement.

• 10 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 8m 14d

ive always thort of torque as the actual power of each individual explosion in the cyl this happens when the motor is running in it peak efficiency ie cam/valves letting in/out the most air per cycle as well as the most amount of cool air being blown in by the turbo and also wile the turbine side of the turbo isn't blocking up the exhaust to much, hp is when you make the engine spin faster than the when the peak torque happened, as it gos faster and faster the engine cant make nice powerful explosions but it will still be doing more work than when its at it peak efficiency say peak torque happens at 3000 rpm than you rev the engine to 6000rpm the motors individual explosions might become 40% weaker but the motor is spinning twice as fast meaning more work is being done if you push the engine further the explosions will become so weak that the the motor will be doing less work even though its doing say 7500rpm , this is why they say torque is what breaks your engine, just how I think of it ... feel free to correct me if im not right in my reasoning im always keen to learn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 5m 28d

Is there a formula for converting Tractive Effort (N) to Nm? Im trying to read a Dyno chart of torque my tuner gave me and it's in tractive effort, It's 8000. Any idea on how to calculate this?

• 2 weeks later...