Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted

The other bad part is smackin your head on the steering wheel...

  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

I smacked the limiter in mine going from 1st to 2nd too late. Did that the first time the night I picked it up, showing it off to my mrs lol. Have only managed to do that a handful of times since, and only when not paying attention!

I wouldnt have thought it would be doing any damage, but I always feel bad when I do it! I suppose it cant be good for the engine to be spinning at 6000rpm and then have spark/fuel cut however!

As a side note, hitting the speed limiter is alot less violent so should be OK for a frequent nudging ;) Trust me, I found that out last weekend :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 13d
Posted
So is it likely that I have reduced the power output capabilities of the engine?

Ive been trying to run it in properly according to a thread in here somewhere...but tonight's episodes have freaked me out a little...

If you are running it in why are you bouncing off the rev limiter? Running a car in you should keep the load and revs varied, which means not sitting at the same throttle position and same revs for an extended period of time. By no means are you supposed to be racing the engine I.e keeping it at WOT and bouncing off the rev limiter.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
If you are running it in why are you bouncing off the rev limiter? Running a car in you should keep the load and revs varied, which means not sitting at the same throttle position and same revs for an extended period of time. By no means are you supposed to be racing the engine I.e keeping it at WOT and bouncing off the rev limiter.

I never said anything about keeping same revs or even keeping revs for an extended period of time.

I simply waited a little too long before selecting 2nd gear on two occasions, and on one occasion instead of going from 1st to 2nd, I went from 1st back to 1st...

The break-in procedure mentioned on this forum states that you should take the revs up to just before it hits the rev limiter, which is what I was doing...while at teh same time showing off to a mate!

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted

Yeah I do it all the time. You get better at it after a while.

Its sure does slow you up when you bounce off the limiter and then change to second. Everyone else goes right on by.

  • Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canning Vale, W.A
Posted

Yes I've done it a few times myself, quite embarrassing when you're giving your car a squirt from the lights lol, my car doesnt have a rev limiter anymore though

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

isn't that a bit dangerous? if you over-rev your engine it'll pop!

Can't you tune a soft cut limiter into these things rather than the painful, engine destroying hard cut?

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
If you are running it in why are you bouncing off the rev limiter? Running a car in you should keep the load and revs varied, which means not sitting at the same throttle position and same revs for an extended period of time. By no means are you supposed to be racing the engine I.e keeping it at WOT and bouncing off the rev limiter.

:censored:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: nsw
Posted (edited)

you sure can do a soft cut senna.

if you give yours a try being from the same tuner as me it should give a smooth pop pop pop as mine does.

none of this head on the steering wheel stuff, I noticed the hard cut on my dads fpv persuit ute fark its a real party pooper.

Edited by BFHOON
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle NSW
Posted
Think again guys before saying its alright to smack of the rev limiter. You are putting your already fragile oil pump gears under much strain when doing so. Much like leaving the traction control on. So in short try to avoid it as much as you can. :blink:

Your dead right, It's the same prob the GTR suffers from.

Try not to do it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...